Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Goals


Failure isn't fun. I despise starting something and not finishing, setting a goal and not following through with it. In September, I told you my biggest fitness goal for the month was to run 50 miles. I ran 50 last year, no problem. I've also done 100 miles in a month before, but for some reason, I struggled this month. The first problem is the busyness! Between driving back and forth from Nashville and my husband working more (Someone needs to invent the 3 seater running stroller!), I did not complete the goal I set out to accomplish. No excuse is good enough. I simply am exhausted by parenting a toddler with special needs while caring for two other needy little people. I chose (physical and mental) rest more than exercise and finished off the month ten miles short of my goal. I hate to say that.

Today begins a new month, though! I think my theme will be focus. I'm going to take less on my plate this month and focus on what's important to me. Among these are my faith, health, and family. My goals for October:

1. Focus on prayer life-
How can I pray for you? I'd be happy to just leave me a comment and let me know.


2. Focus on Abs: October Ab Challenge-
Last year, I created an ab challenge and I think I'll give it a go again this year. Wanna join me?


3. Focus on Family Fun: Make Halloween Costumes

4. Focus on Family: Friends Edition-
I'm such a nerd. ANYway, my bestie is getting married the first weekend of November so I hope to spend time with her and take the time to make her feel special in some way. I'm looking forward to her wedding festivity get-togethers. I'm so glad she's a part of my life and I want to make the days leading up to her Big Day as stress free as possible.

What are your goals this month? If you did the #50milesinSeptember with me, how'd it go?

7 comments:

Lisa C said...

If all else fails, you have an extra day in October to run!

Bailey Kay said...

Those are great goals! By the way, I will be down in Gatlinburg the weekend of October 17th... I have time to kill that Friday. Do you want to meet up for coffee or something?

Karen said...

I will do the Ab Challenge!! I like a good challenge. :) September was a rough month for me too, I just couldn't get into the groove of anything, I'm hoping October will bring less stress (but let's be honest, Paul's about to start the final checkrides of his course so everything will seem stressful this month probably lol). And your 40 miles in one month was WAY more than my 0 miles of running lol. You should get a fitbit, you'll realize how much you actually walk in a day (I was shocked/amazed to see that I walked 31 miles last week - and that's mostly walking after my munchkins lol).

Anonymous said...

I need to get up on that ab challenge!

Jen said...

I think these are awesome goals! Here is to a successful October!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Do you think you could pray for me? I was doing really good this summer reading my bible and praying each night and I have fallen off the wagon again. I would appreciate prayers a passion to return to my heart for the Lord and his word.

Sarah said...

I like that ab challenge! So many of them having you doing 300 sit ups and 250 burpees a day by the end of the month that it stresses me out. I made it to day 14 on one of those challenges and was really impressed with myself, but it was hurting my csection area too much so I had to stop.

I understand feeling like a failure with things. I really do. For what it's worth, I've always been super impressed with all you do!! <3 I hope we get to see you this week!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings