Sunday, March 25, 2012

the mandatory blogger Hunger Games post

As of late, motivation is nowhere to be found. I blame Army life. When my husband goes away to be in the field for a few weeks, I dip into this mindset of 'why would I clean the house if I'm going to be the only one who sees it?' Furthermore, when I'm playing the single parent role, the last thing I want to do when the baby drifts off to sleep is work out.
No, no. I want wine and STAT. I want a bubble bath or a bed. A book or a hammock. Chocolate. Something, anything besides a workout.
I envy those women who can look at a photo of someone else and think, "Yeah I want to look like that! I'll go run five miles." Me? I'm more like, "I'll never look like that-woe is me- where are the cookies?" Still there are others who will focus on a photo of themselves at their heaviest and opt to steer clear of that as well. This technique might be a little more fitting for me, but I still have my doubts. When the tough gets goin', chocolate had better be in sight. That's just how I roll.
Maybe I'll go pin a bunch of things on Pinterest and promise I'll do all the exercises tomorrow.
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wanna follow me? I promise there will be lots of food and fitness things on there that we'll never try in a million years! But I'll let you in on a little secret:

When I do workout, I train hard:

No lie. Last time I exercised, I pretended I was Katniss Everdeen. I quickly contemplated learning proper hiding techniques instead, though. I cannot stand to have someone chasing me so I know I would not make it. It's weird that I've thought of this, isn't it? Who saw the movie this past weekend? Was it good?

On the topic of The Hunger Games-

I came across this girl's blog a few weeks ago and automatically loved her for this post. I bet she would have been fun to go to the premier with- y'all know how I love a good dress-up-ridiculously-and-go-see-a-movie night.
Well, I better go. I've heard tell that a certain Captain J is coming home sometime tonight. I'm excited. I better go whip this house into a home or he might trade me in.
Love to my followers.
~Mrs. K

13 comments:

Karen said...

I haven't read any of the books, but I'm tempted to start them because of the fuss over the books and the movies. I have to admit - I was super excited when Twilight came out and we made t-shirts for when we went to see Breaking Dawn lol. And I'm totally going to make a shirt or something for part 2. I love getting dressed up for things like that. Seriously, why don't we live closer to each other??? lol.

Kace said...

That's my girl! haha I wish we were a bit closer. You should read The Hunger Games...I sped through the first two. The last one- I haven't had much time to read, you know- because of all the blogs I have to read. Full time job as we were discussing earlier. lol

Anonymous said...

okay i totally need to see it now!!

love your blog.

Danielle and Trev said...

Totally going to be Katniss tomorrow on my run. Your blog is fabulous!

Savannah said...

Girl! We would have had so much fun at the premiere.
We could have been head-to-toe Capitol Chic :)
Hope you love the movie!

Kace said...

Me, too. It will probably be mid-april before I get around to it. Boo hoo! Thanks for stopping by ;)

Kace said...

It definitely makes ME run faster! Ya know what else helps? Imagining all the food from the capitol. Um, err. That's counterproductive isn't it? Just kidding.

Kace said...

Fun! I hope I do, too. I'm going to watch when I go to TN next month to visit family. I'll have fun anyway b/c I'll get to watch with my mom and sister! Although, I bet they won't dress up with me. Ha!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I feel like such a tard! here I thought I had been officially following you for a while...turns out I was wrong, so I've made it official! I loved the Hunger Games movie. I just started reading the book to. Now I understand what all the hype has been about.

Kace said...

I switched to blogger last week and had to change URLs so maybe that was part of the problem. Glad you found me!

Elsha said...

k wasnt the hunger games so insanely good?? i thought peeta was sooo perfect.

love your blog!

Christine said...

oh my gosh, love your HP premier dress-ups! I have yet to read a single Hunger Games book but now with all the hype, I think I need to. and then I need to see the movie {although in reality it will probably go in reverse order, minus reading the book} :)

Kace said...

I love reading the books first because they're usually better but do your thing! ;) P.S.- Thanks for not saying I looked like a total cow at HP night as that probably would have been pretty accurate and I wouldn't blame you. hehe

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings