Friday, March 30, 2012

The Taste of Snow

If you follow me on Twitter, you already know how delighted I was when I was asked to do a review on a book for young people. While nonfiction and adult fiction have corners of my heart, books written for younger audiences delight me. I couldn't wait to start reading this book. I think it's because I'm a child at heart. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but look how fun this cover is!
 
And the inside is gorgeous.

 
Just sayin'.

The Taste of Snow was written by Stephen V. Masse. It tells the tale of an Austrian girl who comes across a "magic" candy cane. Over the next couple of days, Nichole Kinders doesn't place much faith in the sweet, minty treat. She actually begins to look at it as completely worthless and wants to return it to the man who gave it to her. The story takes place during the magical season of Christmas (my favorite!), but not everything that happens to Nichole is good. In fact, a lot of bad things happened to her but in the end, the spirit of Christmas shines through and it turns out to be a time she won't soon forget.

From snow storms to fires,
this book isn't lacking in the action department.

I enjoyed reading the book. There were times when I smiled thinking of the connection Nichole had with her sister because it seemed a lot like the one I had with mine growing up. I would recommend this book as a gift for a young person, for sure!

 

(Note: I was compensated for this review, but all opinions are my own as always and may differ from yours.)

2 comments:

Joyewonder said...

This seems like a very cute story!

Kace said...

It was! I really liked it ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings