Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's a meme happy Sunday

In honor of yesterday's holiday, today is your lucky day- you get two posts in one from yours truly! Thrilling, I know! I'm linking up with Laura for Project 365 and with Family and Life in Las Vegas for Sweat to Street Sundays. If you are looking for my weekly pictures, they'll be at the bottom part of the post. If you're here to check out what I've been wearing lately, well you've come to the right place. Either way, welcome!

This is my first time participating in Sweat to Street. Honestly, it inspired me to get up and start working out one day. Isn't it weird how websites like Pinterest and other blogs can become my motivation? Why can't I just intrinsically yearn for a happy, healthy me? Oh well. I take the motivation where I can get it.

I don't often put much thought into what I work out in. It's usually just what I can grab out of the drawer that
doesn't have baby puke on it
doesn't smell horrible. I snapped a photo of my typical running outfit. T-shirt and shorts for this Louisiana gal. I love these shorts, though. I swiped them up at Goodwill for a couple bucks with my military discount. Score.



I also found an alternative where I'm not limping after every run now. My new shoe inserts make for a very happy Mrs. K. Also, what's a run without some Jungle Love on the ipod? Ha! On a related note- workout song suggestions?

For my street wear-

Ok, let me just stop right there. I'll be honest- the only places I go are chapel and Walmart. Seriously, y'all. I try to dress up every other day for my hubby even when we're not doing a darn thing, but that doesn't always work out. I put on this outfit for -oh-about an hour and then SOMEbody got some formula on it that had already been digested. Yeah.



I just have to keep reminding myself that feeling pretty for at least an hour is totally worth it in the end. It's just enough to remind me that I'm not in my rocker yet. Besides, getting thoughtfully dressed for the day always makes me feel better!

And now, for a photo dump of my last week:

 
I just realized that a few of these are out of order. I can barely keep my house in order, please forgive?

Have a very happy Sunday... God bless you!

12 comments:

Toni said...

Love the blue shorts, they're awesome!

MCM Mama said...

Hey, my kids are way past the spitting up stage and they still mess me up. Go you for at least attempting to look nice (I'm not likely to even bother LOL).

TriGirl said...

I really like those shorts! And the street outfit is so cute, even if it didn't last very long!

Rene Sharp said...

You are inspiring me with all the photos of your running gear. I have been battling with a sore back and am going to make an app with the Dr today, I need to be able to run again!! Thanks for sharing :)

Mrs. K said...

Uh- oh, so there's no end in sight, huh? I keep thinking, 'When he gets a little older THEN I'll get dressed again.'

Mrs. K said...

Thanks, Toni! Definitely my favorite pair :) I should go to Goodwill more often.

Mrs. K said...

Thanks ;)

Mrs. K said...

I hope your back feels better soon. It is so frustrating when your body isnt cooperating with you!

Jenn@ Life With The Lieutenant said...

I like your blue shorts! Thrift store finds for the win! :)

And your "street" outfit was so pretty! I'm impressed that you make the effort to get dolled up for your man- that is a good thing!

And, as always, love your 365 photos- Baby K is such a cutie!!

Jamie said...

He is just so cute!

Mrs. K said...

Thank you. Nothing really fits like it used to so I sometimes get down about my "street" wear ;)

Mrs. K said...

:) He really is!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings