Friday, March 9, 2012

Aging Well

Listen. I'm not gettin' any younger.

Every time I snap a photo of myself I'm somewhat appalled by my face the lines on my face. They're crinkly laugh lines, stress scars, or something. I'm not a day over 22, though. I swear it.

Ok, I'm 26. I should have taken the time when I was younger to wash my face at night and moisturize it like a boss. But I didn't. Luckily, I have good genes, though.

 This is my grandmother (Baby K's great-grandmother) holding my nephew Aiden a few years ago. Isn't she beautiful? I once asked her what the secret was to staying so youthful looking and my grandfather replied, "Moisturizer!" She didn't even have to say anything. He knew. I guess she has made it a point to take care of her skin from the beginning of their marriage.

Well, I haven't been so diligent. In fact, I only washed my face in the shower before. If I did put on makeup, I never took it off properly. Bad girl!

But then I got a facial the other day and someone put a little makeup on me and I realized- it's not too late!

I looked and felt pretty good afterward. My skin didn't feel as old. Maybe I could keep this up.

I'm happy to report that I've been washing my face in the morning and at night, moisturizing and using Mary Kay-



For seven whole days. Who am I right now? ;)

What anti-aging/take care of your skin routine do you have? Any products I should know about? Help a girl out !

8 comments:

Becca said...

I used Mary Kay for YEARS and years!! I loved the Timewise regimen and love their lipstick, to this day! When I hit 28, I for some reason got adult acne. I have used Proactive for the last (gasp) 7 years, which is awesome if you need a little more help :) Lancome products are awesome too but can be a little perfumy.

Michele Mott said...

I love the MK line of products. Their new mask is awesome. My skin feels so soft the next morning. The mineral powder foundation is great too.
Drink loads of water, no soft drinks ever. Always SPF 15 or more in the sun and always wear a hat in the sun.
BTW, Great-grandmother is beautiful.

Karen said...

I never wash my face before bed.... I really should. I use Avon Mark skin cleanser when I do wash my face lol. Good work keeping it up for a week! That's awesome. I'm totally going to try to do this :)

Jenna said...

I obviously use MK for skincare pretty much your same routine. Have you tried Neutrogena makeup wipes? I love them because they work well and well they are easy to use especially when I feel like being lazy. Just make sure to rotate the package (ie. flipping it upside down for a few days) so the liquid doesn't settle on the bottom. The ones in the Blue or Purple color package works the best from what I have discovered. Oh random side not I am putting in an order for MK just let me know if you want anything else.

Mrs. K said...

The mask? I'll have to look into that. I always feel better after putting a mask on my face. I have one by Arbone called Intelligence but it is old and almost gone.

Mrs. K said...

I always wondered if Proactive would work. The only reason I never tried is because it wasn't always readily available for me to order. Lazy? Anyway, I had lots of friends who sold MK. I tend to break out the more I wash my face, which is why I wasn't excited about doing it most of my life.

Mrs. K said...

Glad I could be an encouragement. ha! Operation Look Young(ish) has commenced. lol

Mrs. K said...

Yes! I purchased the blue Neutrogena wipes package after that makeup deal last Friday. I knew I was going to need extra help getting all the goop off! ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings