Monday, March 5, 2012

Crawfish Boil

First, you gather your friends.


Next, you have to take all these suckers out of the bag-


 


Pretty icky step. But I filed this under "man's work" so it was okay.


Once they're good and purged, clean them one by one.


 Yes, you have to touch them. Well, YOU don't have to if you don't want. I manned up, though. Just look at how I exude confidence in doing so-


 At this point, we had to play full court press. We each had our eye on our man (crawfish) and weren't going to let them crawl out to freedom. No, no. They were well on their way to being eaten.


The sound of them scrambling around in these makeshift buckets was eerie and g-ross!


I don't remember much of the steps as Baby K was just waking up from his nap and I was tending to him, but you can look them up here to create your own crawfish boil!


All I know is the pups had fun-



Duke and CoCo came to visit!


And we definitely had a good time, too. Took the time to pose for a family photo, too-



By the nights end we had peeled 35 lbs of crawfish. And we had bright red displays as proof.


Those ugly little creatures are delish.



How did you spend your Saturday?


~Love from Cajun Country

6 comments:

Karen T said...

I don't think I would have been able to touch them lol. Good for you guys! Glad you had fun!

Julie said...

Wow that looks like fun! Never done anything close to that before. Love his little doggy outfit...too cute.

Jenn said...

LOVE little man's outfit and you go girl for touching some crawfish! They are quite yummy once you get past their creepy appearance. ;)

Mrs. K said...

This was the first time I remember having them ever. Someone said they tasted a lot like a cross between crab and lobster. I agree! Yum.

Mrs. K said...

His uncle got that for him! It's good for the cold nights (or the 60 degree nights that we call cold here ;) )

Mrs. K said...

I'm surprised I did. Yuck. I don't usually hold things with pinchers especially ones that are still alive.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings