Thursday, March 1, 2012

Murdererabilia

I was perusing the Internet as I so often do ;) and I came across this topic-

Murdererabilia

Have you heard about this? Apparently, people have begun to profit off of selling personal items, letters, hair, artwork, et cetera from high profile killers to people who are interested in owning something from these convicted murderers.

Excuse my Appalachia, but WHAT IN THE SAM HILL?

Ha.

But really?

What goes through someone's mind to think about starting such a business? And worse, are they selling the items to people who idolize the murderer? It's all very disturbing to me.

Eric Gein owns Serial Killers Ink and operates the business out of his Florida home. He explains the process by saying that you first must "build a friendship" with the killer so that they may provide these types of memorabilia for the third party business.

On one hand, I think- Okay, Gein wants to make money. Who doesn't? And, people collect all kinds of stuff. But the more sensible (and sensitive!) side of me thinks that there is something really creepy about all of this and it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Gein told ABC, "I don't feel badly at all. I am desensitized to the crimes. When I'm in contact with these guys, I'm not thinking, 'Wow. This guy destroyed 30 families.' I'm thinking, 'This guy can make me money.' It may sound brass and cold but that's the reality for me."

CREEP. EEEEEE.

What do you think about it?



-----------EDIT------------

To the anonymous poster or fake name B.F. : I did not post your comment because I'm annoyed by people who will not stand by what they say (and I tried to email your fake address). This is clearly a touchy subject for you and if you'll review what I wrote, I did not "name-call" as you said I did. I simply said it was creepy and it is, in my opinion. Guess what? This is where my opinion goes- on MY blog. Insult my "journalism" if you'd like, but you haven't read any of it. This is a personal blog and I was merely writing on something interesting I found. I wasn't judging you (although I am now). I especially enjoyed your comment about getting back into the kitchen and "making THEM babies" right after the attempt at insulting my writing. Excellent English and my husband certainly got a laugh out of it. I do appreciate your recognition of how good I am at that ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah. I'm with you. Creepy. It's not like what he's doing is WRONG, but making money off of someone who took another person's life? Are the brain and heart not connected at all in this guy? Something is wrong with him for sure... And the last time I checked, McDonald's is still taking applications so there are far better ways to make a buck than to befriend serial killers and sell their crap. ;)

Karen said...

That's creepy. I wouldn't want to buy creepy stuff like that. Who in their right mind would?? That's just weird and wrong on so many levels.

Mrs. K said...

It takes all kinds! :(

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings