Saturday, July 6, 2013

Baby A's Nursery


When I learned I was pregnant with Baby A, I immediately began day dreaming of a sweet nursery with primary colors and simple uniqueness. I dedicated a whole board on Pinterest to it, knowing all too well we would be moving a week after he was born. We kept him in our room until he was six months old so there wasn't much of a need to set up his room when we first moved here. He began to outgrow the co-sleeper and so we started putting him to bed in the pack-n-play and honestly? That would have worked just fine, but my sweet babe often gets the shaft being the second child and all and I really wanted him to have a proper room. Our budget was low. The Cap'n would say- nonexistent, but we made it work. Would you believe I only spent $205 on his nursery, furniture and all? I used items around the house and made the bedding to cut corners. Here's the breakdown:

Crib: Walmart online $89
Changing Table: thrifted $25
Antique mobile: Etsy $15 (Antiques Galore Gal)


I already had this frame. I made the print using Microsoft Word. The bedding and bunting banner were also made by yours truly. My mom and mother-in-law had given me some beautiful fabrics that had just been taking up space in my closet until I found the perfect use for them. The cross-stitched artwork above the crib was my husband's when he was a boy, as well as the crocheted elephant mobile hanging by it. I made the yellow frame with a little fabric modge podge, mustard yellow fabric, and the cutest picture you ever did see.

Red Frame: Hobby Lobby $5.99

Above the changing table, I hung K's contribution to his brother's room. If you remember, I had him paint a masterpiece for his little bro with supplies we had already.

White frame: Target $19.99

I painted a black lamp yellow with leftover paint. The dresser drawers were mine growing up.


We also dropped $50 bucks on a new mattress, too.


I absolutely love this new space in our house. It has been a blessing to be able to change the babe in his own room where his clothes and diapers are all in one space. Before, his things were scattered about all over this house. I love rocking him in the corner and looking out at the room that was crafted in love! 

It's a special room for a sweet little boy.




14 comments:

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love that print! So precious.

Haylee said...

What a beautiful nursery!

Becca said...

I love that K contributed to this! Such a sweet idea :)

Karen said...

LOVE IT!! It looks awesome :)

#mommylife said...

Such a cute room!! Love all your diyness ;)

Jen said...

I love his nursery, looks great!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

It is adorable! I think I have finally gotten an idea for Baby 3's room (if we ever get a house!). It will also be done on the cheap though.

Fran said...

super cute nursery!

Angi said...

I love the nursery!! And I especially love older brother's artwork - that makes it so unique and special!!

Jenn said...

What a sweet nursery for such a sweet boy! Love that you (and K!) made things and different pieces have a story to them. Also, did you redesign your blog? I can't remember if I've seen it like this before! It's really cute!

AlanaMarie said...

I love it, especially the art made by big brother!

erika said...

Love it!!

Bethany said...

You are so creative! His nursery looks awesome! :)

Charlieu said...

Great job on the nursery...sorry I didn't see it when you first completed it. I miss being near you as my little great nephews are growing up! Stay in touch and know that Mike and I are very, very proud of you and love you and your family.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings