Monday, July 15, 2013

My Town Monday: Jacksonville

One of my bloggy favs is hosting a new link up with a great topic so I wanted to join in. Sometimes, as you all know, I can get into the habit of backward looking. I look back to Alaska and want to return. I miss my home in Tennessee almost constantly. These things pop up in my writing all the time. In an effort to show you that my new town really isn't awful at all, I thought I'd show you exactly what it is that I love about being here. Welcome to my Jacksonville...

1. I love being near the beach. There's a beach girl in my heart, for sure.
2. I love that there's sushi exactly a mile down the road and it's delicious. I can run to the restaurant and run back or if I'm being lazy--they deliver!
3. Speaking of food, I love that we have a Whole Foods close by and other healthy, organic grocery options. The fresh seafood there makes its way to our table quite often.
4. I love all the parks in the area that I can take these crazy kids to.
5. I also love our church. I will probably miss it the most when/if we leave. It was refreshing to be able to find one that aligns so closely with what we believe as a family without searching around forever as we usually do when we get to a new location. The pastor is intelligent, warm, and an excellent teacher. The congregation has been so kind to us, too. We really really like it there.

6. And most of all? I love that it's not Ft. Polk, LA. This photo is courtesy of a friend who still finds herself stuck there for a wee bit longer. Only in Louisiana!
I will continue to be on the lookout for things I love about living here. There's a lot to love.
Now go link up your town!
Fractured Fairy Tales

8 comments:

Angie said...

I can't wait to move to Jacksonville! It looks like there are so many things to do there. Plus, it won't be South Texas! That boat picture is similar to what I see here. :)

Karen said...

I am such a beach girl and we are totally land-locked now. I definitely miss being close to water. I like this link up - I may have to join in on this one lol.

Bethany and Isaac said...

Have you been to the Riverside Arts Market or The Landing yet? Both are very cool things in town (and actually you can walk from one to the other via the northbank Riverwalk). Also you should check out Riverside/Avondale/Five Points if you haven't yet because they are lovely areas with great shops and restaurants. I could go on... ;)

I'm very glad you like it here! I didn't move to Jax till I was 18 but I quickly fell in love with it and now happily claim it as my city. I'm excited for my kids to get to grow up here and have so many opportunities to do fun and interesting things.

Also, you need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you haven't been. Wait till August or later and I'll go with you. :)

AlanaMarie said...

I love it! Sushi that delivers, Beaches, Whole foods! Sounds like I would like it there too! And that Ft. Polk picture, that's hilarious! All that's missing is open cans of beer!
Thank's for linking up and spreading the love.

Jen said...

Haha the Ft. Polk reference made me laugh. My husband was only there for a month in 2011 and he couldn't wait to leave.

Joyewonder said...

I like Jacksonville a lot! Who can get tired of the beach? I miss that so much about the East Coast...especially now that I'm land-locked! I move often too and know what a huge difference finding a church home that you love can be. So happy that it worked out quickly for you guys!

Also, I love how stylish your little ones are ^_^ Thanks for sharing your faves in your new town!

Fran said...

I'm a beach girl too even if I've never lived down the beach haha - I dont think I could ever get tired of going to the beach

Angie said...

We have visited several areas in Florida but never Jacksonville!
Looks like it has beautiful beaches!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings