Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sooner Than I Think

Every parent says it- almost to the point of it being annoying, but every day I wake up and see how very true it is:

They grow up so fast.

They do. It was just this time last year that K was learning to stand. He couldn't walk. He couldn't talk. Now, he's a walking, talking toddler tornado. His kindness surprises me. His independence makes me proud. His sweet, toothy, excited grin makes my day over and over.

And Baby A? I don't know how he will soon be eight months old. He's well on his way to one year and I could swear I just had him two months ago. I love his little monkey cling he does when I pick him up, like he can't get enough of his mama and he's content to stay on my hip forever and ever. His curiosity is infectious and now that he's sitting up? Watch out, world.

How is it that I've been so blessed?

These little faces, these cute tiny cheeks- they are going to be young men soon- sooner than I think. I just want to soak them up. How do I do that?

"Stop moment, you are so beautiful." ~ from Faust

3 comments:

Fran said...

I can't believe baby A is 8 months already! time flies.

Jen said...

Wow time is definitely flying by. Such precious boys.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I feel that way all the time!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings