Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6 Toddler To-Dos

We've been staying in doors a lot lately. When people utter the words "sunny Florida", I don't think they are referring to the summer months. I think it rains every day here. It certainly feels like it! In an effort to create some sort of fun summer vacation for my dear toddler, I scoured Pinterest for ideas to keep my oldest entertained. We've had fun creating and learning. I thought I'd share some of the activities we've done with all of you in case you have a wiggly, wormy little toddler on your hands, too!
1. Cut a hole in the top of an empty oatmeal container and show your little one how to drop pipe cleaners through the lid. It works on hand/eye coordination and it kept my little crazy busy for at least twenty minutes!
2. Grab some paint and tell your toddler they're going to create a masterpiece! He made this painting for his little brother's room.
3. Dip sidewalk chalk into water for a more vibrant coloring session!
4. Forts are always fun!
5. Pour water in a pitcher. Add a layer or two of vegetable oil. Then take food coloring (light colors first) and drop it in slowly. Watch as the beads of color explode in the water. He loved this!
6. Toddlers often thrive off of having a job to do. I told K I needed him to do the dishes. Fill the sink up with (clean) pots and pans of all sizes and textures. Let him or her splash around, clanging them together, and pretending to wash them. It will make an awful mess. Afterwards, hand them a mop and have them clean up after themselves.
We are going to keep looking for fun things to do around the house. I'll let you know what we discover.

7 comments:

Angie said...

I remember when we moved to Pensacola a few years ago it was June, and it rained every day. I just let Hannah run around in the rain on our deck.

I will have to try the sidewalk chalk in water.

Jenn said...

Such wonderful ideas!

Anonymous said...

Fireworks in a pitcher? That's too cool!

Amber Nicole said...

These really are great ideas! I'm about to try the fireworks one! Haha

Chantal said...

Great ideas! I might try that pitcher one with Penny. She eats paint and chalk lol

Angie said...

What fun activities! I gave Ax a colander and pipe cleaners one time and he didn't move for 1/2 an hour. Toddlers really are easily entertained but they constantly need something to do. Sounds like you all are beating the rainy blues :)

AlanaMarie said...

Love the idea of them doing dishes! That's why we all had kids right? haha, these are all really great ideas, I'll have to remember them.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings