Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Land That I Love

(First things first, I hope you'll all come out from behind your readers and check out my new blog design by the lovely Angi. I love it! She is affordable and thorough and so very timely. If you're lookin' for a new design, I'd totally recommend her to a friend. )

I hope you all had a fun holiday weekend. Mine was pretty great. My military man turned energy device sales rep was off for a four day and we took full advantage of it. Not only did we celebrate our nation's independence but also my old man's 30th birthday!
It was a sunny, gorgeous Florida day, one that made you forget all about the daily thunderstorms of the week before. We packed up our backpacking bags, strapped them on, and hiked out to a beach that was oddly private for it being the fourth of July! 
We caught flounder and redfish-
 And snapped deliciously cute photos of our newest addition who is now SITTING! 

For the most part, our beach trips are becoming more and more enjoyable. We've lived here for nearly 6 months and we're beginning to figure out the easiest way to do the beach thing with two small babes. We stayed all day and looked out at this view of Anastasia Island:

I hate to say "then we came home and fixed hot dogs and burgers and watched fireworks" because that's sooo typical, but alas that is precisely what happened. 
And it was exactly what the doctor ordered. I was ill over the holiday break, but feeling a cold beer slide down my sore throat and watching my boys play happily in the backyard was good for my soul. 
We had the opportunity to reinforce our reputation of "the redneck neighbors" when we fashioned our redneck grill for the evening meal-

After putting Baby A to bed, the three of us shot off tiny fireworks and enjoyed the display our five billion neighbors provided. Cray K was unsure at first. Bless his heart, his whole body was shaking as he curled up in my lap each time a new one sounded. I didn't mind the snuggles, though. It was a sweet night.


'Merica.

12 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

She did such a great job on your design!
Your boys are the cutest!
And oh my gosh, look at that body!! You look amazing!!

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Awww, that photo of Cray K helping Daddy grill is just too cute! :) Glad you had such a great weekend and love the new blog design.

Jen said...

I love the pictures! Looks like a wonderful 4th. :)

Jenn said...

LOVE your grill. And so glad y'all are enjoying that beautiful beach!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! Looks like the perfect 4th! And that grill is awesome.

Karen said...

I love the new layout! Looks good :) That sounds like the perfect 4th of July and that's awesome that your pretty much had the beach to yourselves.

Becca said...

Oooh my goodness...so many things! First off...LOVE the redneck grill (to pieces!). Second, way love your new, clean page design (but can you please put back your Scentsy link because that is how I always get to your page, haha, I know...). Okay, I guess just 2 things ;)

JG said...

Love the new design! :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds very similar to what we did! We enjoyed the beach, fireworks, and quality family time! Your boys are so precious.

#mommylife said...

first love the new look and second looks like a great, perfect weekend! :)

Chantal said...

How fun! I think it's time for a grill ;)

Anonymous said...

That grill is amazing! I would have never thought to rig one up like that. Sounds like you had a great Fourth.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings