Friday, July 19, 2013

Gluten Free Muffins



(Alternatively titled- My kid will eat anything in bread form)
I'm not much of a cook but sometimes when my kids are driving me batty I feel led to go into the kitchen and create something, to put my hands to work and feel as if I've done something productive that day aside from keeping the children alive. Enter gluten-free, healthy muffins.

  • 1 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 egg
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 6 packets of Stevia (or more if you'd like)
  • 1 good long squeeze of honey

I know, I know- so technical. Just eyeball it.

Mix all the above ingredients together. I used a food processor.
Then spray your muffin tin with some Pam.
Next, chop blueberries into small pieces to mix in to your already mixed mixture. How many other ways can I incorporate that word into a sentence? :) The more the merrier with the berries, ok?
Stop judging my pan and oven.

Then pour your mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. It yields six muffins. I should note that the oats should be gluten free anyway, but if you have an allergy be sure to buy the oats that specifically say they're gluten free. 
Enjoy!
We did.

2 comments:

Mrs. Duh said...

Those look yummy! Gotta love trying new recipes!

Jen said...

These look really good!! Will have to try them.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings