Thursday, July 18, 2013

the story of the BB cream

Once upon a time, my friend and I were sitting down for a drink or four at Chili's discussing life, love, and all the people from our high school graduating class who had recently been arrested. In between deep conversations and belly laughs we heard an interruption. "Excuse me," he said. "Can I ask you a question?" We looked over to find two young men both having beer, both dressed in t-shirts. I'm sure I gave the one who spoke the awkward smile-slash-questioning-look that so often crosses my face before I have any time to mask my true feelings. "Sure"I tell him. He proceeds to ask us how old we are. Typical. When I respond with the truth (27), he says, "Wow. Not what I guessed." He briefly goes on to say that he thought we were much younger (score!). But as men so often do, he ruined his compliment by continuing to talk. He pointed to my friend and said, "I had you at 21 and your friend at 23." Ouch. I then said, "Listen Jackwagon, that's no way to talk to a lady." Just kidding. I actually got under the bar and cried. That's not true either. 
I did go out the next week to buy some BB cream. Now, that's a true story, y'all. Apparently, I need to wear more makeup. I hardly ever put it on and when I do, I do it sparingly. I think it's that time, though. Time to grow up. Time to accept the fact that I'm not twenty one and I don't look it! Aging is for the birds.

7 comments:

Courtney B said...

Okay, first of all? You're gorgeous!
Second, men are idiots. They need to learn when to STOP!
Third, I have BB cream and I LOVE it! But I rarely put it on. That's how lazy I am when it comes to make up (oops!)

Jen said...

I definitely agree that aging is for the birds!

Karen said...

I would take 23 - either way, they thought you were younger :) I never wear make up - it takes so much time to do lol. And whenever I go to put it on, Nora wants it too and that's too much work for me lol.

#mommylife said...

how old are you though? I'd take 23! haha everyone my whole life has always thought I was older than I am! P.s. Jackwagon.. love it, never heard that one before :)

Chantal said...

Dumbasses haha

I got some BB cream and loooove it. Unfortunately I got expensive stuff (um $35) and I'm hooked. Dammit.

Bee said...

Ha. Had this same revelation recently. Mascara and lipgloss just aren't cutting it anymore to look "polished" (polished meaning not like a hag) enough for work and/or nights out. Went to Sephora and rummaged up some reinforcements. I'm 29.

Mar said...

When I was wedding band shopping, the man helping us told me I should get a size bigger because I'm going to gain weight when were married. My jaw hit the floor as we walked out. He called me the next day asking about the ring, I told him I bought somewhere else. He asked why and if it was something with the customer service. I said yes and told him I didn't like the comment. You'd hope most guys/people in general would have the common sense to stop right there or maybe apologize, but no, he brought out the shovel and kept digging, saying "we'll it's just the natural progression for a woman". What was going through my mind was "ya, so is a man balding", but I refrained and just told him to stop and that he should never ever talk to any woman like that and hung up. What was he thinking?!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings