Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Burpee Sprint Challenge

I have good news to report. I'm down some pounds from last week AND I have a great workout for you to try! I'm back in the teens now (barely but it totally counts) at 119lbs. It's amazing what hard work and clean eating can accomplish in just a week. That's 4 pounds down! Here's a progress photo I took after one of my short workouts this past week:

One day I'll have guns. One day.


Anyway, I got creative this week and decided to share with you one of the workouts I did. I did this twice last week, both times burning between 320-350 calories in about 30 minutes. I was pleased. I felt amazing after completing this. Sprinting is hard for me, but it makes me feel like a beast later! This is one of those workouts that all you need is the great outdoors and your own body weight.

I love seeing those pictures of workouts on Pinterest and Instagram. A friend posted one that made me want to try, but instead I mixed it up a little and added some to it to come up with this. It is fun to try something new and also it's important for your body. If you consistently do the same exercises over and over, your body isn't challenged and isn't changing. That's why I decided to share this workout with y'all! Maybe you're bored with your routine. I encourage you to try this out this week if you want something different to do.

I recorded an example of the Burpee + Pushup + Squat in case I totally confused you:


This week's prompt is Who inspires you?
People who encourage me on this journey inspire me to do better and be better. I'm inspired by moms who fit exercise into their busy schedules. I'm inspired by before and after photos. I'm inspired by Pinterest and Instagram, too! Specifically, though...my husband inspires me. He pushes me to try hard and run fast. He encourages me to take time to exercise. He also spends time with me so we can workout together as a family. I've always imagined a healthy little family of four spending time in the great outdoors together being active. He knows that means a lot to me!

Tell me, who inspires you? Link up here:
Mal Smiles

4 comments:

ines said...

awesome job!!!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

I am going to try this one tonight! Thanks

Mar Ward said...

You look fantastic!

Joyewonder said...

Hot Momma!! You look great!! I'm in boot camp and currently getting my butt kicked in exercise all the time - but when things calm down, I might put this challenge into my personal workout routine.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings