Saturday, March 10, 2012

Seven Months

Dear Baby K,

This is my favorite age so far! You are so much fun! You smile and giggle all throughout the day now. Tummy troubles no more, my boy. I'm so happy that you're happy. When you wake us in the morning, it's typically with your talking-

"YaYaYaYaYa"

or

"DaDaDaDaDa"

Neither of which are "MaMaMaMaMa", but I'm going to let that slide. I love scooping you out of your crib just after you've let out the biggest stretch complete with funny facials that surely make you feel rejuvenated. I think you get it from me.



You reach for me now, too which makes me feel like the luckiest woman in all the world. I adore the connection we have. You must know at just seven months old that you are my world!

You're rolling over, sitting up, passing toys back and forth between your hands, holding your own bottle, and beginning to use a sippy cup. You've handled solids wonderfully, too. You don't turn down food, that's for sure. We had a short bout with a refusal to eat avocados, but it was quickly remedied. Thus far, you've eaten avocados, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and bananas.

As of late, I've caught some glimpses of how hard my job is going to be when you're mobile! I keep putting you on the floor and when I re-enter the room, you're on the other side. Rolling is an adventure for you, I think.



You're becoming much more wiggly during changing time. You get really frustrated when I take your arms to put them in the sleeve holes. You love to have your hands in your mouth (and anything and everything else you can manage to fit in there).

I'm not even going to comment on your sleeping lately for fear I'll jinx it.

Moving on...

I just hope you know how loved you are. You ought to! I tell you a million times a day. I can't get enough of your mischevious little smile, your infectious laugh, and the way you only want me to hold you at night before bed. I'm so glad you're in my life.

We started making it a point to pray with you this month. I don't know why it never crossed our minds before. Your dad used to sneak into your room after you had fallen asleep and pray over you (which I suspect he still does) but now before bed, we have a family prayer. I hope we make it a point to pray with you all throughout your life. I can't ask for God's protection over you enough.

Could you stay this age a little while longer?

Every day is cherished.

Love you!!

~Mom

6 comments:

Laura said...

I tear up every time you post these! So sweet.

Mrs. K said...

Aww. I'm sure they'll make me cry when I go back and read them years later. Time is going by so quickly.

Becca said...

Me too! I love them :) The image of his daddy and mommy praying over him is so heartwarming. He is one lucky boy!!

Jenn said...

So SWEET! I love the prayer time. We did that as a family when I was growing up too, and I love the memory of that. :) He sounds like a fun little man to hang out with! Happy 7 months! :)

Mrs. K said...

I'm glad you're writing letters to your little one, too. I love reading them!

Mrs. K said...

I hope he develops fond memories of that special time, too! :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings