Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Purge, Purge, Purge

My husband told me recently, "You're really good at pointing out what you're not good at."


He then went on to challenge me to write about something I AM good at for a change. What came to mind first?


Double-Tasking.


or triple, quadroople even. I'm fantastic at this especially when it comes to getting things done around the house. It's a blessing and a curse really.


Laundry needs done? No prob. Let me just clean the shower after I switch loads, match some socks here, clean the table there, back and forth, back and forth, I'm a woman on a mission. It must drive my Type A Army Officer Husband batty. He has a task to do- he gets it done. He focuses and he accomplishes and then moves on to the next thing. Me? I'm all over the place.


Our differences come to roaring head when we move. Please feel my pain when I tell you that my husband and I are averaging moving once a year since we've been married. We've no plans to break the cycle either with our upcoming (departure from the Army) move in less than a year to God knows where. This means that we've had our fair share of box unpacking as of late.


I can't stand to not have the house unpacked. Captain J doesn't mind in the slightest. He unpacks the t.v., gets it set up, and calls it a day. The next day, he'll unpack one box then break for an hour.


Imagine my despair when I discovered this about him. But, but honey there's so much to dooooo!


It was infinitely more terrible when I was nesting with sweet Baby K baking away inside me. My double tasking little heart just cannot understand why he's a one focused task (box) kind of person. I want to take out the wine holder from the box and lovingly place it in the kitchen. Then, if I so deem fitting, I'll grab my house shoes peeking out from another box and take them to the closet. I do what I want, people. In my head, there's order in this way of operating. In Captain J's view? He doesn't see it that way.


As I hinted before, the last move was the worst. I just could not go another day without putting Baby K's room together. Afterall, he was going to be here ANY second (wishful thinking on my part). After nearly two months of this extremely pregnant body sleeping on an air mattress on the floor, I gained renewed energy and suddenly wanted to make this place feel like home. There was no time for rest. Poor J.


At any given moment, you might have found me shouting, "Why are the books still stacked up in boxes?! SERENITY NOW!"


It was bad.


But I think I'm giving Captain J a little taste of my unrest. Today he came home to books of boxes in the hallway, empty boxes strewn throughout the house, and clothes/various items all over the place. Yes, it's Spring Cleaning time and my motto is Purge, Purge, Purge. With thoughts of clean and simplified living in mind, I'm tolerating the temporary mess. I wonder what J thinks about it. ;)


Captain J:1


Mrs. K: 1


The game continues.

2 comments:

Jenn@ Life With The Lieutenant said...

LOL I *love* the "serenity now!" quote!! I'm the same way with unpacking too. It needs to be done and dammit it needs to be done NOW. This is why they force the single guys to live in the barracks. Their rooms are basically already unpacked when they get there. They know that if they sent them out to live in a REAL HOUSE, they would always be late to work because nothing would be unpacked and put away. This is where we WIVES come in. And we don't get credit, just called crazy! Ha! There is always (well, usually) a method to our madness. LOL

Mrs. K said...

You are probably right! haha

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings