Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Postpartum Fitness Goals

It's the beginning of a new month and I'm finally starting to feel myself again. My blood pressure is seemingly controlled by medicine for the time being and I have even decreased my dosage since delivery three (almost four) weeks ago. Eventually I hope to come off of it completely and there's no reason for me to believe I can't do that. Anyway...
3 Weeks Postpartum

I feel pretty good! I've started jogging again, but won't resume any other workouts until I'm cleared by my doctor. I hope she will tell me I can at my six week appointment that will be here before I know it. Getting back outside and sweating has been slow going. I've already improved a lot, though. I started off barely able to run a mile, but I'm building up to feeling strong again.




Here are my Postpartum Goals for the next couple of months:

1. Run 50 miles in September
2.Train & complete a half marathon in November (I haven't signed up yet, but I'm planning to do a race I've been wanting to do for awhile now. I hope I see a lot of improvement in my run pace over the next month.)
3. Confidence
4. Lose the remaining baby weight. I'm currently at 126 lbs. and I feel most comfortable at 120. I was almost at my goal but my milk was decreasing too much so I had to start eating more calories to keep that up for baby. It's not that I was dieting-not at all. I just find it difficult to find time to eat when I'm taking care of all three babes.
5. That brings me to my next point. I want to start eating better. I need to fuel this body and nourish Merit's. In the past, I was healthiest when I ate clean for at least two meals a day. I'd like to get back to that.
6. More water. Always.

What are your health goals this month?

5 comments:

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

You look GREAT!!! I can't believe its been almost 4 weeks since you've had M! :)

Meghan said...

I love your get fit posts! My goal is try to start exercising in the evenings after the kids are in bed. The mornings just aren't working out for me. I just love that little baby you're holding! Too sweet and tiny. Gosh, they grow so fast! I just can't believe how big my 18 month old is when I see little babies. Merit is a doll baby and you look great!

Meghan said...

And I just found your Instagram stream and liked about 20 of your photos...he he ;)

Lisa C said...

You look amazing! And your mile pace is still better than mine by minutes, haha,

Jen said...

You look amazing! So proud of you!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings