Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blink 182

Just breathe, I thought to myself. He's not going to change his mind. My frantic thoughts were sporadic. One moment I was laughing, enjoying a nice afternoon with two of my favorite women. The next moment I was wondering if my shoes were too much or if my veil was too wrinkled. I was worried that I might break a nail then later, that he might change his mind. Extreme uneasiness melted into a complete sense of peace. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.




[caption id="attachment_1163" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Still in the PJs"][/caption]

This was the excitement of my wedding day. There were no concerns over seating or music. My friends weren't close by in questionable dresses they'd never wear again. I didn't have to pay for a cake that I didn't need to eat. 

It was only me. It was only him. It was only us.

On our big day, my knight in shining armour picked me up at my house and we drove to our destination, a chapel in the hills of Tennessee. On the way, we checked each other out- both impressed by how we cleaned up! We also belted out 80's rock ballads and laughed until our cheeks ached.

[caption id="attachment_1166" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="An encouraging farewell hug from Mom"][/caption]

This was all I ever needed. HE was all I ever needed. I love that man!

Today we're celebrating 182 days of wedded bliss. While this number isn't really significant in any way, it is still a reminder for me to take this marriage one day at a time. Through good days and bad, through happy and sad, he's the best friend I'll forever have.


Love you, Captain J!

Maybe one day we'll get our ceremony for everyone to enjoy, but until then it's fun to look back on the day it all began! :) 182 days went by in the blink of an eye. I'm sure the next will, too which is why I am thankful for each and every day I get to spend with him.

4 comments:

Nicki McMasters said...

Kacy, this is beautiful! It totally made me cry! You have such a way with words. You couldn't have said it any better!

Jenn said...

oh Mrs. k its so funny I have those shoe in ivory for our wedding!!!! it's so crazy! I love the red it is def not to much with your gorgeous dress. your pictures are beautiful as are the two of you.

Your making me want to get them in red or blue now lol!

Sarah Nicole said...

Your shoes are so cute! And the last picture is adorable! Congrats on celebrating 182 days! :]

Mrs. K said...

@Nicki Thanks! I'm sorry I made you cry, though. ha

@Jenn You have good taste then! lol Great minds think alike ;) I saw those shoes in the store while I was shopping for ivory colored kicks, but I just couldn't quit staring at those sexy red ones! I didn't know there were other colors...I just might have to look into that.

@Sarah Thanks a bunch!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings