Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party

Two days after my newest squishy cutie pie came into the world, my oldest turned three years old. Kinley and Merit had the same due date (Aug. 17) so I've known for awhile that I wanted to make his 3rd birthday special for him since it was going to be so close to such a big change in our lives. I tried to plan ahead, but the last few weeks of my pregnancy were so dreadful that I didn't get everything done that I had hoped to do. Still, fresh outta the hospital, we partied! I couldn't have done it without all the help from family. We just had a few people over because I was afraid of inviting a bunch of folks in case I went into labor on the day of the party, but it was nice to see everyone and eat some delicious cake. Kinley is very into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now so that's the theme I rolled with. 

For the invites, I used this printable and put my enormous scrapbooking paper collection to good use.
I actually hit up Pinterest for A LOT of printables. The ones I used for the "Mouseketools"(forks), "Hot Diggity Dogs" (hot dogs), "Daisy's Garden Veggies" and "Clubhouse Sandwiches" (subs) can be found here.
I used this, too.
See the Mickey Mouse head near the bowl of chips? I just used Styrofoam balls, hot glue, spray paint, and a little glitter. Voila!

I had all these plans for a cute homemade cake and other Mickey themed sweets, but I ended up calling up Bi-Lo for a cake. I'm glad I did--I was stressed enough as it was. They did a great job anyway and it was delicious.

The celebration was short and sweet because I was so tired, but I think he had a good time!


Happy Birthday, Kinley! I love you lots.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

This is adorable! so creative! Wow seriously I have said this before and I stand by it! you are supermom! I don't think I would want to do that and likely would have pushed it off a bit if that was for Bear.

Erica @ Whimsical September said...

So cute! I had to click on this post when I saw it on BlogLovin because my nine month old daughter is captivated by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! If she's having a fussy moment, all we have to do is hit a DVRed episode and she's entranced!! Such a fun party idea. I'm sure your little guy loved it.

Jen said...

What a great party! :) I love all the little details, you are amazing!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Cute! You did an amazing job! Especially for being just out of the hospital with a new baby. Evelyn's due date was Trenton's 5th birthday, and I managed to convince him to push his party back to the week after his actual birthday. And since I had Evelyn at 39 weeks, I was able to have a little more recovery time. And thankfully my mom was still staying with us too because I wouldn't have been able to do it without her help.

Lisa C said...

This was an adorable party. You are super woman for hosting a party 2 days after having a baby!

Shannon said...

Very cute! I'm sure he loved it!

Brook M said...

That all turned out great!

Sunflowers & Love

Kace said...

@Erica It's a new development here at my house. He just discovered it lately. I'm thankful from the nice break from Thomas the Train!
@Lisa Well, thank you. I probably should have waited but I'm glad it's over. ha!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings