Thursday, April 3, 2014

Life Hacks (Mom Edition)

I only have about two and a half years under my belt, but I could learn ya a thing or two. (I don't talk like that on a regular basis. Sorry. Please keep reading.) There have been some things I've come across lately that I thought, "Hey, the people need to know that!" so today I've got some tips for you on how you can make life as a mom a bit easier.

1. Do not waste your time with any other wipes than these:
Seriously. Just bite the bullet and shell out the extra money for them, they're worth it, y'all. There's nothing worse than when a wipe tears apart when you're using it (except maybe world hunger). PAY FOR THESE. YOU NEED THEM. And no, Huggies did not ask or pay me to say that although I wish they would.

2. Kitchen scissors for everything! My dear friend showed me this just the other day. Are you constantly breaking up baby's food into tiny, baby bites? I was, too! My fingers were curling up in an early arthritic position from slaving away at this chore, but I have found relief in a tool that was in the drawer in my kitchen the whole time.
 (Note: Be quick and don't let your baby almost grab sharp scissors like I did.)

Wanna give your one year who has no teeth pizza? Grab some scissors and get to snippin'. This revolutionized meal time here (Thanks, Rachel!).

3. Buy toys that don't require batteries. If you don't, the kids will play with it until it goes dead (short time frame) and then they will ask you fifty billion times to make it work or "battries?" You can't afford them. Good ole fashion toys are best. Here's one of our favorites:
It's a rainmaker toy that trickles down beads while movement is going on inside. K loves the sound, A loves to watch it move. No one paid me to say this either (wah, wah).

4. Get organized. If there's one thing I've noticed over the past couple of years it's that kids crave stability. They need to feel comfortable in a schedule. I'm on an organization kick right now and it seems to have made all the difference in the world with the way my eldest behaves. He is eating better, sleeping better, and seems much happier. I've printed off a schedule for us, meal plans, and other list-making essentials to make this all happen. Try it!


That's all for today. I'll be sure to share more mom life hacks soon.

(P.S. If you aren't getting responses from me on your comments, it's likely because you are a no-reply blogger and I can't communicate with ya! I want to, I do! Make sure your email is connected to the account your commenting from so that we can chat, ok? )

10 comments:

Shannon said...

nice tips - especially the kitchen scissors!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We use the scissors for everything! I've decided we needed to get a pair for meats and a pair for non meats.
I'm a lover of the Target brand wipes. They've always worked so great for us!

Angie said...

I use a pizza cutter to cut my baby's food. I never thought to use it until my husband tried it one day.

Danielle said...

We use those wipes! and they are definitely worth the little bit extra. Kitchen scissors- genius!! I need them

JG said...

Great tips!!

Jen said...

Huggies yes! We got Kirkland wipes once and it was TERRIBLE!

Jenn said...

I gave up on other wipes and now we buy Huggies wipes in bulk (via Amazon). I really can't describe how my quality of life has increased now that I don't have to worry about dried-out wipes (lookin' at you, Pampers) or wipes that rip (ahem, WALMART).

Chantal said...

I use my scissors for almost everything! My food and Penny's food.

Anonymous said...

I'm pinning this list for the future. I'm sure I'll be so very grateful for the tips when I have a baby or two running around here.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

We dont do batteries either!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings