Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mid Week News

I miss meeting you here every day. My time to write is now dedicated to research papers and discussion board posts, something I dread almost every day. I only have about 3.5 more weeks with these two classes and then I'm cutting back. I took on too much; I know that. Yesterday, I couldn't hold my eyes open. The strain of this pregnant body bending over to pick up children, the weight of this new adventure, and trying to do the best I can in my graduate studies was weighing on me. I'm tired. Every day when I have to march the kids off to their Mother's Day Out program twice a week, I find myself questioning what I'm going to do without them at home with me. Sure, there are plenty of things I could do- clean the house without having to stop a task 85 times to change a diaper, break up a toy scuffle, or redirect someone's wandering hands that are headed toward a bucket of cleaning supplies. Perhaps I could take a test or write a paper. All things that need to be done. Yet, I think about what they're doing at school and how I'm missing it all and for what purpose? To obtain a degree I care little about? What I really want from life is to look back knowing I did all I could for my children and see that they are happy, functioning adults who chase after God's will in their lives. I'm not too sure how this degree fits into that. Still, I grew up with the lesson that we finish what we start and so I want to do this. Maybe just one class next semester, though. 
We're all doing well. My second born is babbling, finally! It's music to my ears to hear the occasional sounds that actually sound like he might hear us when we talk. Babies half his age are doing this and so it has been a long time coming. "Da, da, da" and "La, la, la" all day long. It's wonderful.

K is hilarious. He makes me laugh a lot. One thing he says that is just completely untrue is that "Money's on the couch." If he talks to J throughout the day and he asks where I am, he'll say that I'm sitting on the couch every single time. Y'all. I hardly have time to sit down. Yet, that's where he always says I am. It makes me sound lazy. Little fibber. 

My coffee is gone so that must mean it's time to start the day. I hope you all have a great one. I'm gonna meditate on this thought today:
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7

Happy Wednesday!

(Photos by Stephanie Bright Hatcher)

11 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE those pictures. So sweet!

And yay for babbling! :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! I'm so happy he's babbling!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Glad he is babbling~!

Jen said...

These pictures are wonderful!!! :) Precious boys.

JG said...

Sweet pictures! I love real bunny pictures way more than Mall Easter Bunny pictures :) Yay for babbling! I'm sure it's the sweetest sound :)

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Hooray for babbling! And super cute pictures!

Lisa C said...

Love that he's starting to talk! And Baby A kind of looks like Tom Hiddleston. Just saying.

Fran said...

Yay for babbling!

And girl, I hear you on the strain - I can't imagine doing grad school with kids, you're seriously my hero.

#mommylife said...

so happy to hear he's babbling! :)

Karen said...

Awesome that A is babbling - and I can't believe that K says you're always on the couch lol. Nora also tells Paul when I give her treats even on days that I don't actually give her anything (it makes me sound like I give her jellybeans every hour lol). Hope you get some relaxing time to yourself soon and that you actually get a chance to sit on the couch lol.

Jamie said...

Thinking about you guys

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings