Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

Sometimes, in the midst of what feels like the busiest season of your life, a breath of fresh air blows through and you can breathe again. That's what last weekend was for me. The Captain was off on a Big, Fancy Civilian Business Trip to Florida the week prior and I was finishing up my last week of classes for the spring semester. Stresses were high. In between all the working, there were hearing appointments to attend and life to be participated in. We planned on celebrating his arrival back in town and my (hopeful) success in excelling in my classes by getting away for a little R & R, as much of that as you can have with two toddlers anyway. We ended up in a place that has shaped my family in more ways than one. My papaw was able to buy back his family farm after his family lost it many years ago. It means so much to him and has been a blessing to me, as well. It's a little oasis near the Tennessee/Georgia line called Ducktown, TN and you won't find Internet or Cell Service there even if you try.

It was perfect.

A weekend to celebrate my boys and the fact that I get to be their mother-

Completely unplugged from the world-

Unless we ventured into Blue Ridge, GA-

For the most part, we walked around the property-

Hiking-

Looking at the chickens-


and relaxing in the fresh air.

I'll cherish that weekend as long as I'm living. It's times like those that keep me going. I didn't fret about looking up signs to teach every time I talked. I didn't worry about tests or papers or appointments. I didn't use the t.v. to passify my toddler. I was just there with my favorites and it reminded me of what a happy life I have. Thanks be to God.

It was a very happy Mother's Day. I hope yours was just as sweet.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you!! It looks beautiful there. I really do love Georgia and Tennessee.

Jamie said...

Looks like a perfect day.

Danielle said...

Looks like a breath of fresh air- exactly what you needed!

Louise Burnette Barnes said...

I know that area well. Isn't there something called Kimsey there?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!

Jenn said...

LOVE the picture of them walking to the house. How cool that that place has so much family history, and you get to take your family there now. Beautiful. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!!

JG said...

This warmed my heart. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings