Monday, August 19, 2013

8 Months

Dear Baby A,

As I'm writing, I'm listening to your cries that are breaking me. You've been a handful the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping a tooth is about to pop through or that you're simply out of whack from our latest move (your second in your short eight months of age). Feel better, my son.



This month, you've started attempting to crawl. You get in position but often end up heading backwards instead. Your brother did that, too. Rolling about is still your primary means of travel, though. It won't be long before you are into all kinds of shenanigans and then what will I do?



You eat like a champ. Your little belly is like a garbage disposal. You dive passionately after any food I'm eating and you down your baby food in minutes. I quit trying to do "baby led weaning" with you because I was terrified you were going to choke. Purees have been working just fine and you've tried a large variety of foods now. You eat solids three times a day and nurse or take a bottle constantly. Perhaps you're in the middle of a growth spurt. Growin' boy!

I'm sorry we've thrown a kink in your well established sleep routine. I feel bad about that. Meanwhile, I'm praying for patience in getting you back to your happy, healthy self. I love you bunches and bunches.

Looking forward to seeing those cute little cheeks spread out in a happy smile again! You're the sweetest, cutest little eight month old I ever did see.



Love,
Mom

10 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

That first picture just cracked me up!

Jen said...

Aww the first picture is priceless.

Ashley Lee said...

What a cutie!

Louise Burnette Barnes said...

You have been through a LOT in the past 4 years since I have been keepin up with you! This, too, shall pass as he adjusts. Having 2 under 2 can't be easy. You have my utmost respect!

Chantal said...

Poor guy. I hope he adjusts to your travels too. It's rough on a baby!

Anonymous said...

That last pictures is just adorable! His smile is so infectious!

Jenn said...

Oh man. Disrupting the holy sleep schedule is brutal on ALL involved. (But mostly mama, amen?) I hope a whole crop of teeth come through at once and Sweet A is back to his happy go-lucky self. In the meantime, peace and wine be with you.

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

So so cute!!

AlanaMarie said...

I cannot believe the babies are 8 months. I swear I Evey was just starting to hold her head up last month. Now it's time for baby proofing?!? They grow way to fast. A is such a hansom little dude. Maybe someday we'll be able to introduce them. :)

AlanaMarie said...

handsome. I can spell. >.<

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings