Thursday, August 22, 2013

Welcome Home

I've had the urge to write a lot lately, but the time hasn't been there. We've been busy and in the moments that are slow, we've been trying to relax. Easier said than done. Baby A didn't go to sleep until 11:30 last night and the night before? He was up every.single.hour. We are so tired and feeling awful that we're keeping everyone in the house awake, too. I may or may not have been strolling around a whiny kid in the dark last night, barefoot, and holding back tears. Why does life feel so much harder when a baby won't sleep? Ha! Honestly, he has NEVER been like this. Even as a newborn and young babe, he slept more than this. It's quite an adjustment.

Good news, though...

I've got an appointment today to get my tubes tied.

Kidding.

The good news is that we have found a house we love and pending inspections going well today, it's ours! Isn't she a beauty?
We love it and can't wait to settle in. It will be awhile, though. You know what I'm talking about if you've ever worked with the VA before!

I hope we'll be happy there for a long time. I'm sure we will. We are used to making houses we don't love home and we really really like this one! We are looking forward to not mooching off our families anymore. Whether it's dog sitting, baby sitting, groceries, or moving help, we have exhausted our welcome here, I'm sure. We are very blessed by the wonderful friends and family who have helped us in our journey "home"!

I can't believe this kitchen will soon be part of our very own home...
I'm going to bake all kinds of goodies in there.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and show you a glimpse into our house since so many of you requested it on facebook and IG. More to come in the next few weeks.
Love,

26 comments:

Lisa C said...

That house looks fantastic! Good luck closing and moving in.

Sarah said...

Beautiful!! I'm so jealous of that kitchen!! :)

Amber Nicole said...

IT IS GORGEOUS!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!

Kristin said...

That is BEAUTIFUL. A dream house, if you ask me. I love ranch houses!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I hope you get some sleep soon! The house is beautiful, and if it is any consolation, we have used the VA twice and had a great and fast experience both times!

Jen said...

What a beautiful home!!!! :) We used VA for our home and it went quickly we closed in less than 2 months. :) Hope it all goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Hello, gorgeous!!

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

LOVE that house!! I cant wait to hear and see more! So excited for ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful! I hope you guys get moved in and a bit of sleep soon.

A Work in Progress said...

We closed in about 2.5-3 weeks with the VA but our very special circumstances at the time may have helped. Beautiful house. How much land?

A Work in Progress said...

We closed in about 2.5-3 weeks with the VA but our very special circumstances at the time may have helped. Beautiful house. How much land?

Kathryn B said...

Ahhh super cute!!!!!

Angi said...

Oh my gosh that house is gorgeous!! I hope you guys get it!!

P.S. The VA sucks. I have to deal with them at my job all the time and "hate" doesn't even begin to express my feelings.

Karen said...

Is that a really nice front porch area I spy?? Looks beautiful! Hopefully it doesn't take TOO long for you guys. Remind me sometime that I have a funny story about the town you're living in - I've been there once lol. Also - your kitchen is to die for, so pretty!!

Chantal said...

Loooove that house! And kitchen! Wow!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Beautiful house! I can see why you love it :)

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!!! That kitchen is to die for!

Julie Danielle said...

I love that house! We bought ours with a VA loan and had a good experience. I hope you guys do too :)

Becca said...

You had me at yellow...

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! The yellow is so cheerful and that kitchen!!!!!!!!

Rachel Ross said...

Beautiful house! Hope you are able to get some sleep soon! :)

Fran said...

Beautiful house -- and that kitchen!! Love it!

AlanaMarie said...

I love it! it's got an amazing kitchen!

Mar Ward said...

Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to see more pictures.

erika said...

We're doing the every single hour thing, and I'm not a fan! :)

Congrats on the house- it is fabulous!!

Webb Things said...

New follower here,
This post really caught my eye.
We will be going through the Va process as well! Anything you recommend or helpful tips will help me big time.
I have a feeling ill be doing most of the work with my husbands work schedule.
Your new house is beautiful! Wish we had something like that here in Nebraska

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings