Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Homecoming

September came and I wondered if he would ever make it back from Iraq. Delays, delays, delays! Homecoming was amazing, though. It was truly a unique experience. I've never felt so many different emotions from so many different people in one room. It was thrilling to see J after so long, jump in his arms, and know that we have the rest of our lives to be together. Awesome, awesome feeling.



Amy and me anxiously awaiting his bus to arrive

Finally back in his arms!

 


When he finally got home, we only had a week or two left of September to enjoy before winter reared its ugly head. The first weekend he was home, we headed to Anchorage for the weekend. We went out a lot that weekend and found a really chill jazz/blues club. The purpose of the weekend was to find Jordan a vehicle to drive. Little did I know, he would find a CJ8 that rivals his love for me in his eyes! I'm not opposed to him having such a nice toy; I'm simply eager for warmer weather so we can enjoy it!



J and his new toy

4 comments:

Stories « Confessions of a Snow Bunny said...

[...] when he is just waking up. I imagine it’s the look he would give me if I rolled his 1985 CJ8 (which can be seen here) off the nearest [...]

Crazy Fun « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] to another friend as her hubby is headed off to MCCC in another state. I first mentioned her here and since then we’ve made several fun memories. I hate to see her go! That’s the way [...]

Military Reunions « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] second time I welcomed him home I blogged about here. Now, excuse me while I go dote on my husband to let him know I’m so happy he’s [...]

To be or not to be « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] After only a few months of working there, I said my goodbyes and never looked back. I enrolled in graduate school working on my Master’s in Mental Health Counseling. During this time period, my thought were consumed with Captain J. I worried about him being in Iraq and it seeped into everything I did. Luckily, though, I’m brilliant and my studies didn’t suffer. My first semester of grad school I was pulling a 4.0 and a promise for a bright future. While my grades were good, I wasn’t 100% sure that I had made the right career choice. I started working on counseling tapes and feeling as if I were limited in what I was doing. Was I even helpful? I had some clients say that I was but I wasn’t feeling it myself. I left school hoping to re-evaluate my career choice and anxiously looking forward to fly up to Alaska to welcome home my soldier. [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings