Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

November rolled around faster than I ever thought it could. Time passes much more quickly than it had during that darned deployment! I had a good birthday despite being away from family and close friends. J and I went to dinner at the Regency Hotel for all-you-can-eat crab legs and to see A Christmas Carol in Imax 3D. He bought me some jade jewelry while we were in New Zealand and gave that to me for my birthday.


Thanksgiving was bittersweet. We made plans to busy ourselves and take our minds off being so far away for the holiday. I woke up and immediately called my family to talk to everyone. I missed them so much! I started cooking, though and the day got better as I finished dishes because I was so proud that everything turned out well! I'm slowly, but surely learning the art of cooking. J put on his dress blues and went to serve the enlisted guys their Thanksgiving meal. I went over to our friends' house to help her cook, set up the table, and decorate her Christmas tree. Although we did not get to be around our families, we were thankful for the friends we have here in Fairbanks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings