Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Skiing Birch Hill


Whew! Skiing in Alaska is much harder than I remember skiing elsewhere. Muscle memory did not exist for me that day. I realized I was going to be terrible when I could barely maneuver myself to the ski lift. I did not know, however, that I would roll down most of the mountain. J, my encouraging instructor, helped me gather skis and fasten them back on every single time I fell. I was getting very frustrated with myself, but not once did he make fun of me. Of course now, he thinks it's pretty hilarious. I look forward to trying again, but I think skiing lessons are in order. Otherwise, I'm going to break something!



Enjoying a cup of hot chocolate after the falls

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings