Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New state, new friend

Reflecting back on the past few months makes me all the more happy I decided to start an official Mrs. K Blog. The bottom line is: I am forgetful and I don't want to forget my experiences here in the Great White North. August was a difficult month for me because of all the many twists and turns my life took. I got on a plane and headed miles and miles away from the life I had grown accoustumed to. I had little money to speak of and was completely alone. I arrived in Fairbanks after many delays due to smoke from the forest fires in the area. Thankfully, I had been conversing with a young mother and fellow Army wife via email for the last couple of months and we had arranged for me to stay with her for a couple days while I found a place for J and me to live. Days turned into weeks when I struggled to find housing here. I am forever grateful to her for welcoming a stranger into her home like she did. I ended up settling in an apartment just down the road from her and we spent many days attempting to pass time more quickly. It turned out that her husband knew J. Small world!



Nicole and me celebrating her daughter's 1st birthday

 

2 comments:

Wined and Dined « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] North. I’ve mentioned her several times on this blog, but you’ll know her best as the first friend I made up here in Alaska. She has moved on since then as many military families tend to do, but we are keeping in touch [...]

One Year! « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] to give you time to think about it. It’s my BLOGOVERSARY! One year ago today, I was typing up my very first post on this blog that has become my release. I stuck with a writing task for a whole year! That, my [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings