Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kindness

Some days I wake up and I just want to see something good online. Something positive, uplifting. There are many times when I use a status update for venting as do so many others. I just don't want to be the person that voices negativity all the time. I hope when you come to my blog you're looking for something happy and not expecting a complaint. I don't want to be that girl. 

Yesterday, I had a bad experience in the parking lot of a Target that I was quick to announce on facebook. In short, someone asked me for money and I gave her some even though I knew she was lying about why she needed it. What I didn't tell everyone is the other woman in the parking lot that helped me out when she saw a need...

I was carrying the boys and pushing my cart to the car (Do not ask me how, I do not know) when I heard a loud, scraping sound. It sounded like a car scraping another but it was much closer to me so I knew it was something I was doing. "Great", I thought, "I just broke half the items I bought." I looked down and a toy I had purchased for Cray K was stuck under my cart, seemingly bent and destroyed. I had just survived a Christmas shopping spree in a busy city with two children under two. K had just finished up his recent shrieking session as I paid and we'd made it out of the store alive. I was feeling good about my first journey out alone with both kids and then that happened. When the toy fell and became dislodged under the cart, I saw a lady cross over a few aisles to rush to my aid and help me pick it up and return it to a more secure place in the cart. She also added, "This happens to me all the time" in an effort to make me feel a little better about not having it all together.

There are nice people everywhere, too. Sometimes it's hard to remember that especially in the midst of all the terrible things we see on the news and social networking. But when something bad happens, there's always an individual or a group of people ready to step in and help in some way. Here are some happy things I've seen on the Internet lately:

Laura is donating 100% of her Scentsy revenue to Newtown, CT.

A local woman died of a bacterial infection just three days after delivering her daughter. There are two women who are gathering items such as diapers, wipes, etc. as well as money to help out her family in their time of need. Please let me know if you'd like to help and I'll put you in contact with the right people!

Let's all make it a point to notice kindness in our every day lives, shall we? 

Love,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so nice of that lady! I love it when people do random acts of kindness. Pay it forward :)

Jen said...

How awesome of that lady! There are still good people in the world. :)

Chantal said...

That's so nice of that lady. I've had people help me with Penny before. I don't even want to imagine what it'll be like with two kids!

Kathryn B said...

That was really nice of that lady! I've dropped things out of our cart I can't even remember how many times. :) You are not alone :)
The sad thing is I think it's easier for people to focus on the negative things than the positive things, which I think is backwards and weird.

Kristin said...

Thank you for writing this...I needed to read it!
I'm glad someone was there to help :)

Jenn said...

I hear ya. I had a good experience at Target yesterday too. Almost made up for the experience of going to Walmart. Not quite, but almost. (Good enough) ;)

And congrats to you for that shopping trip!! You're a very brave lady.

Amber Nicole said...

Loved this post!
Another reason I can't wait for the 52 acts of kindness!!!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to hear uplifting stories. The news is filled with awful stories, we need the little things to remind us that there's still good going on.

Fran said...

Uplifting stories are always so much better :)

Becca said...

Those little gestures go a long way, don't they? I am impressed you are out and about with those kiddos already! I'll bet K was so glad :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings