Sunday, December 2, 2012

Icing on the Cake


On the eve of such an important event, like bringing life into this world, you would think I'd have something profound to say. You might imagine that I would be gushing- saying I can't wait to meet the new little one. Really, I can't. I can't wait to see him, hold him, and let him know how much he's loved already. Still, my heart is conflicted. I don't want to leave K and have him wondering where I am for days while I stay at the hospital. I don't want him to miss out on any time with me. I can't stand the thought of him feeling less important to me now. All day today, I've been trying to hold back tears. His little world is about to be turned upside down and I can only pray that he handles it well. I love him so much. 
Who wouldn't? He's precious.
Yesterday, on our last weekend as a family of three, we went to Lake Charles to try out a new park. Unfortunately, the park was very new and it's not quite completed yet. Still, we walked along the docks downtown and got lucky to see a Christmas parade going on right where we parked! Bands played, Santa cheerily walked by in his t-shirt, and young girls with enormous jeweled crowns rode by on nice cars. It didn't quite feel like Christmas at eighty degrees, but it did feel nice. I enjoyed having this sweet time with J and K...and knowing that soon we'll have even more love to spread around in our family this week was icing on the cake.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

I keep waiting to get on here and see you holding another sweet baby. I'm glad you got to spend some more time as a family of 3 though. :) He is seriously the cutest thing with those little curls.

Are you being induced tomorrow? I'll say prayers for ya!! Be easy, Baby A! :)

Jen said...

So glad you had a good weekend...sending lots of prayers for your way for a smooth and safe delivery! :)

hmb said...

I'm so excited to see pics of the new babe! Here's to a smooth delivery! :)

Amber Nicole said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!! Cray K will LOVE baby A!!

Chantal said...

I love his little outfit!

I can imagine the anxiety you must feel with this big change. I don't know how I will be!

Kathryn B said...

I'm excited for you! I know those feelings. I had the same ones before I had our daughter. But you figure out how to balance and love them both equally. It's amazing how much love a heart can hold. Good luck and I hope everything goes amazingly well for you and your new little bundle of joy!!!!

Angie said...

Good luck tomorrow!

I have major guilt about bringing a sibling into the house. I hear it is pretty normal though.

Angie said...

I can't wait to see the new one!!!

Kristin said...

I'm so excited for you! And 80* in December? I'd take that.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings