Sunday, December 30, 2012

One last update of 2012

Dear Friends,

How are you? I'm doing well. I trust you all had a Merry Christmas. I hope so. I've been MIA, but I'm back now. We've been drifters, moving from place to place over the holidays. Now, we've officially moved into my grandparents' house where we'll be staying over the next few months before we make the move to Jacksonville...and man, are we getting spoiled here! There's been lots of jumping on the bed and...oh, I kid, I kid. But we are really enjoying our time here and are incredibly thankful to my grandparents for helping us out (again).
Christmas was delightful.

Sweet little Cray K took an active part in opening his gifts this year which was a drastic change from last year. It was fun to watch him rip into paper and thoroughly enjoy the wrapping paper and box more than the toy itself. I don't know why we bought him anything really. He would have been good with tape, crinkly paper, and empty boxes.
He is also really doing well in his new role as Big Brother. There is some jealousy at times, but there are also many sweet moments like the one above. He often rocks Baby A or hands him his paci. It's too cute, folks. Of course, I'm a little biased.
Baby A has exceeded my expectations. When I was pregnant with him, I truly had no clue what I would do as a mother of two. K gave me such a hard time as a tiny babe that I knew nothing else. Baby A is quiet, cuddly, and sleepy- three things that Cray K definitely was not. I spent the first few weeks asking my mom what was wrong with Baby A. I had no idea a baby could be so quiet. I finally understand the expression "slept like a baby" because before I had no idea what people were talking about. These two polar opposites are my world! I've had some awful days- ones where I just knew I was in over my head with having two babies under two in my care, however my thoughtful friends reminded me that "God doesn't make mistakes" and He meant me to be a mother to both of them. I just repeat that to myself when they're both screaming at the same time! Honestly, that doesn't happen too much.
I feel as if I should spend the next 60 minutes knocking on wood, just in case.
I'm not going to do that, though...because I'm tired and both boys are asleep so I should be, too. Thanks for sticking with me during my quiet phase. I am excited to be able to write again. Please forgive me for taking forever to respond to comments on previous posts. I lost access to my email for awhile and it has been a big mess. I'm going to work on that tomorrow, too.

Happy New Year, my friends.

XOXO,

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love this update! The pictures are wonderful. :)

jessica said...

Haha My mother always tells me this is how it was with my brother and I. When she brought him home she was always so worried something was wrong with him because he slept so good and was such a sweet tempered baby! I definitely was not. We ended up switching places later in life so watch out! Love the pics :)

Jenn said...

Aren't you thankful that your first was hard and second was easier though?! I ask Steve sometimes what I would've done if Molly had been our first baby and then SAM came through and rocked our world. I would be drinking a lot of vodka out of a water bottle, that's what. I'm so glad Baby A is keeping his cool and being an awesome little brother. And that Cray K just looks bigger and bigger every time you post a picture of him.

Enjoy your family! I'm (not-so-silently) jealous of your current view! ;)

Anonymous said...

I know you are having fun with your family but I must say, I'm pretty excited about you moving to Jacksonville! :)

Rhe Christine said...

I'm knocking on wood with you!!!! I might have to swing by you when I go visit some friends in Jville!!! Hope the rest of your stay goes well. and thanks for putting up my button. I just saw it when I made this comment. gave my little heart a lift :)

Chantal said...

I'll knock on wood too! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Happy Belated New Years!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings