Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy, Happy New Year

A new year typically brings a new perspective, if only temporary. I've never been one to be serious about making goals and keeping them on New Years, but I do use the first of the year as inspiration to change up my routine a bit and think about what I want to change. I think of them more as suggestions rather than long term goals. Less pressure that way.
I had a great 2012. We finished up our time in the Army and Louisiana. We watched our eldest grow and welcomed Baby A into our family, making us complete. I celebrated with my grandparents as they reached their 50th wedding anniversary milestone. It was a good year.



For 2013, I want to:

1. Read More, Watch Less. I think I'll set my book goal at 35 for this year...and get rid of cable.
2. Get in shape. Having two babies so close together has left my body a little more squishy than I'd like. I'm going to change that this year.
3. Better myself as a wife and mother. I want to cherish these fleeting moments with my babies. I also want to chill out and enjoy my husband more. It's so easy to slip into schedule mode- we've got to do this, A needs that, K needs this, work work work. It's no way to live!

I hope you all are enjoying the New Year. Mrs. K and Captain J has some exciting things happening in the near future so I'm glad you're around to witness it. I've got a new look coming as well as celebratory giveaways! If you'd like to be a part of the giveaways, let me know. I'd love to make this relaunch a big event!

Happy 2013, y'all!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy new year, girl! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings for your cute family! :)

Kristin said...

Happy New Year! I'd love to be part of a giveaway if you have one. Can't wait to see your new look :)

Mrs. Duh said...

Those are excellent goals! I hope you have a wonderful 2013.

Jen said...

Happy New Year!! :) Love all of your goals.

Chantal said...

Happy New Year! (A few days late..)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings