Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Currently

Currently Reading: I read The Happiest Baby on the Block when Cray K was around 7-8 months old. It was too late to take advantage of all the great tips and advice, but I remembered to set it aside to read again for Baby A. I have almost completed it again and I'll be sure to review it when I'm done.

Currently Excited About: I'm taking a concealed carry class next week and hopefully qualifying to be able to pack some heat! Don't mess with Mrs. K.

Currently Proud Of: Cray K has really been doing well with his vocabulary. I haven't mentioned it a lot but he really doesn't say much for his age  (17 months). It was worrying me, but over the last weeks he has added some words to his small collection of communication. They're still not perfect but I can see him trying and that makes me happy!

Currently Worried About: We still haven't found a home in Florida. We have decided not to buy (long story) so we're looking for a suitable rental, but everything is so expensive despite the ugly, rundown demeanor each house has given off. We have a good realtor working for us, but it's going to be difficult to make a decision from Tennessee. In pictures, anything can look good. Doesn't mean it is. We have a long list of things we need. On the top of those is some place safe! The affordable, nice homes are in a part of town that has high crime....hence the gun class.
Currently Thankful For: Sweet, caring people. Earlier this week, Amber surprised me with $25 dollars to Baby Earth....for no reason at all. She is so, so kind and it made my week!
Currently Highlighting: The newest Scentsy special right now is Happy Go Lucky! It's on sale for the month of January-
Happy Go Lucky captures the exhilaration of a new romance with luscious red berries, silky orchid, and Japanese plum floating on a cloud of amber vanilla.
What's currently going on in your world?

12 comments:

Chantal said...

I have a concealed carry permit through Florida. Haven't carried yet (haven't really figured out HOW...) but eventually I will. I love that book, too! Helped soooo much when Penny was young. I got the Toddler one to see if his methods help there too.

Kristin said...

....and I live in Alaska, so I can carry my pistol anywhere without a permit. Yaaaay.

I hope you find a house soon! Looking for a rental is so stressful!

Angie said...

House hunting is never fun. I will be doing it twice this year, and I am not looking forward to it.

I am glad the vocabulary is improving. It seems like boys are always a bit slower to develop their vocabulary compared to girls.

Jen said...

Woo hoo yay for getting your concealed carry permit! We need to do that also.

Amber Nicole said...

Good luck house hunting! that's the most stressful part about moving, I think. No, everything about moving is stressful really! haha!
You guys will find one! good luck! <3
And you're welcome! :)

Jenn said...

I loooove that Happy Baby book! With Sam (God bless his little irritable soul), I watched the dvd and read the book with full-on highlighter and post-it note action throughout. IT HELPED. TREMENDOUSLY.

I hope you find a nice place to live in FL. I can't imagine how hard it is to do from another location.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

B is not much of a talker either. C started talking around 15 months so I was really worried at first, but I know he is just working things out in his little mind and the words will come soon enough. I do get really excited when he says something new though!

Jamie said...

I think that is the only book that I actually care about reading right now. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

i actually ordered that book and then never read it!! woops. also, i took the gun carry permit class with my family and we all LOVED it. watch out for me, bag guys! ;)

carissajade said...

So happy to see things are going so well for you! I haven't been around these parts for a while. For some reason i had some weird blog in my reader instead of yours. I miss reading your updates!

AlanaMarie said...

I'm reading Happiest Baby too! I'll be interested to read your review, I may have to do one too, but it'll take me way longer, I'm pretty sure you read way way faster than I do.

Unknown said...

I'm going to pack some heat the second I turn 21! I'm sure that cray K will be talking so much soon that you won't be able to get him to stop!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings