Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh, the pressure...

Let's talk about the fact that I'm really, really going to miss the shower most when we leave Tennessee. I've been staying at my grandparents' casa and man, oh man...is this shower to die for! I grew up in a family that is strongly opposed to what we like to call "Al Gore" type shower heads. You think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. My step-dad never travels without his portable shower head that he will gladly install and re-install upon arriving and departing various hotels all over the country. It's a big deal. As a mom, a shower is usually the only time of day that I have a few moments to myself. Sometimes I don't even get that, but when I do I want to savor it. I don't want a few measly trickles of water down my back. I want the water to be scalding hot and almost knock me over. If the water is only luke warm or *gasp- cold, it's a bad day. Moving all over with the military has made me appreciate good water pressure even more. I mean, in Alaska we had to have our water delivered to us where it was placed in a big holding tank until it inevitably ran out too quickly. We then would spend a day without water for dishes, dogs, or flushing because we poorly tracked out water supply. Then, we moved to Georgia where there was endless hot water but the pressure was nothing to write home about. Then, we moved to Ft. Polk...

and the water wouldn't stay warm but for two minutes and the water pressure was despicable.
Now? NOW, I'm in shower heaven.

And I don't ever want to leave.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I don't blame you!!! There is nothing better than a really hot shower or bath for that matter haha. That pictures cracks me up, I have seen it used for several places. :)

Angie said...

I agree about the showers! I try to stretch my shower time as long as possible since it is the few moments of peace I get during the day.

Kristin said...

I must also have scalding hot water. Water pressure is one thing, but lukewarm water will ruin my entire week. My parents and husband all like the lukewarm water...I really dont like staying in PA for this reason alone. That meme is perfect for describing Anchorage. #ghetto

Jenn said...

Having the thickest head of hair this side of the Mississippi, I can totally relate to your shower issues. (Btw, LOVE that your stepdad takes his own shower head with him- might get Steve to start doing that for me.) I love my current house due to its ability to spit out a nice quality stream of blazing hot water. I'll be VERY VERY SAD if we move somewhere that has a piddly shower head/water pressure/water temperature. (Oh first world problems- I have them.) ;)

Jenn said...

hahaha I love that! We have limited hot water but what we do get is scalding hot and I love it! Well when I can use it. We changed the shower head out to increase the pressure at each location we have lived. I am dying for a location and a Fab house with a soaking tub! That would be heaven to me.

Chantal said...

Hahaha yes. When I first saw our shower I was skeptical. Then I got in and described it as a waterfall - oh, it was nice. Now, it isn't as nice, but I remember those first few days!

#mommylife said...

Haha I love that you just wrote a post on water pressure :)

Fran said...

Scalding hot water and good pressure = heaven!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings