Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dress Up

When you stay at home as a wife or mother, it's so easy to fall into the pattern of not ever EVER putting on real clothes. Trust me, I know. Remember I lived in Alaska and stayed home with two insanely hyper Alaskan Huskies? I didn't have a job or a car of my own so I was basically a recluse throughout the week. When we headed south, I made it a point to start getting dressed again. Then, I got pregnant. Then, I got pregnant again. 
Nothing really fits when I'm pregnant. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, more often than not, my husband comes home to a hot mess of a wife half the time. I've barely showered. I'm in workout clothes or worse- I'm still in the PJs he left me in. I don't necessarily want to be that wife. I want him to come home (at least occasionally) and think to himself, "Man, I'm lucky."
I've been making an effort to get dressed when he's here. It's not just for him either. It's fun for me. I can't explain to you how awesome it is to fit in regular (non maternity) clothes again. It's glorious. After being pregnant for the last 10 years*, I'm having a good time putting outfits together. Sometimes, I actually enjoy shopping, too. It makes me feel like my old self at least for awhile.
Here I am- all dressed up and no place to go!






(*slight exaggeration)

This girl still loves to play dress up. Do you?

9 comments:

AlanaMarie said...

You look great! I can't wait until I can wear non maternity clothes. I totally love the green shirt in the last picture.

Jen said...

You look so good! Love the outfits.

Sarah said...

I always love seeing your outfit pictures on instagram. In fact,that green shirt inspired me to go out and find a button up shirt like it! I haven't found one yet, but hope springs eternal as long as there are stores. I love that blue scarf too!

Kristin said...

When I have a job I actually want to "dress for", I'll be excited. Or if I have a place to go where I know people will care about what I'm wearing...
No one I know here cares about clothes. Isn't that awful*???

*slight exaggeration

I think you look pretty amazing for being pregnant for the last 10 years.

JG said...

This is a great idea!

Chantal said...

Aww you're cute! I love that last outfit!

Jenn said...

You look amazing! never would have thought you had two kids if i didn't know you!

Angie said...

Cute outfits! I am the one that only wears jeans to leave the house, and sometime I will still wear my yoga pants to run errands. I need to get out of that clothes funk.

Angie said...

I LOVE that last outfit!
I totally know what you mean. I have 2 little ones and a teen at home plus the Hubby works this ridiculous rotation shift where he works day shift one week (3 am- 4 pm) and second shift one week (3 pm - 4 am). Most days he leaves me in pajamas and comes home to me in pajamas. How sad is that? I NEED to start trying to make more of an effort. On my 2013 bucket list one of my goals is to dress nicely for 2 weeks straight. Yeah, pretty pathetic isn't it? Keep up the good work my friend. I know for me that I feel better when I get cleaned up!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings