Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Ole Time on the Farm

I finally got the tiniest babe to sleep, coffee poured, and blogger loaded to sit down and write and guess who starts crying as soon as I do? Captain J wonders why my writing is sporadic these days. It's not that I just don't write anything here. I also haven't written a single article or short story and I've abandoned my pen and paper journal. Who has the time? The free time I do have, I must decide between working out, sleeping, writing, or reading. Sleep usually wins with working out a close second. I have to do something about the lingering baby pooch. Sure, I look fine in clothes but soon I'm going to have to wear a bathing suit and I shudder at the thought. My exercise has been going well, though. It's just hard to fit in because J is gone a lot. I only thought we were getting away from the lifestyle of moving once a year and having him gone periodically throughout that year. Since we've been home (Dec.), he's already left three times for business trips. Finding time to exercise with two under two is quite a feat.

We are making it with him gone. It's crazy sometimes. There have been moments when I wanted to pull out all my hair and run from the house screaming. When both boys are upset at the same time, it gets my mommy senses tinglin'. I want to make it better for both of them, but I only have arms for one at a time. It breaks my heart. I am getting used to juggling the added responsibility and settling into my role as mom to two. For the most part, I'm able to step back and watch them and savor this time. They are both growing so fast! K is a big ole boy now and Baby A? He has already gained nearly 3 lbs since he entered into the world. I get sad just thinking how one day they won't need me. I love the sweet way Cray K looks to me for approval for everything. Something is funny? He wants me to laugh and enjoy it, too. He is so so sweet.

To sum it up, the Mrs. K and Captain J clan have been having a good ole time on the farm here in Tennessee. Living here has just solidified in our minds that this is where we want to be. Unfortunately, that can't happen for awhile. Anyway, we're excited about our new adventure in Florida, too. Moving day will be here before we know it. In the meantime, we'll cherish this time in our home sweet home.

(P.S. Have you entered the Target giveaway yet?)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love the pictures and so glad you are enjoying the time on the farm. I know Florida will be a wonderful adventure for you.

Meg said...

I would love to live on a farm - how exciting but also quiet and serene!

Good luck with your moving preparations.

Karen said...

Living on a farm would be so awesome. I'm dreading our next posting because I know hubby will be gone WAY more than now, I've been spoiled for the past 3 years lol. Cray K is SO cute - love the pics of him :)

Chantal said...

Keep up the good work! I can imagine it's hard to find time to blog... I hardly feel like I get time anymore either.

Anonymous said...

You go Mama! How many months apart are your littles? I have a 9 year gap with the first 2, then a 17month gap :)

Tonight the kids went to bed so late, so instead of hopping on the treadmill, I'm on the laptop.

Kristin said...

I think you are doing an awesome job of getting back into shape. I'm in awe you have the time to work out at all!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings