Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the Road Again

If you're reading this within 8 hours of me posting then I'm on the road. I have driven away from family and friends for the umpteenth time to start a life in a new state. This time, the U.S. Army had nothing to do with this decision- it's on us. It's exciting and stressful all at once. Because Captain J (can I still call him that?) is off training for his big boy civilian job, I am left to get our house unpacked and ready for our family. I suppose it's a good thing I've spent the last years doing typical Army Wife duties because nothing really ever changes, does it? While the Mr. is working hard in Ohio, I'm off to Florida with my two boys in tow. The mission? To pick up rental house keys, meet the movers, and unpack the house. I know this sounds like quite a feat with two under two. Fear not. I'm not totally insane. I somehow talked my lovely sister into helping me on this adventure. I'd say she probably started regretting that decision at around mile number twenty.

Say a prayer for safety and sanity? We'll need it.

XOXO,

8 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

It'll be fine! :)

Just try not to stress too much, take it like minute by minute. Force smiles-that actually helps you feel less stressed!

*hugs*

And is it okay to still call him Captain J? I have NO idea. haha I think it'd sound weird if you called him anything else though.

Kristin said...

Best of luck! I'm jealous. And I love your "fear not" attitude. I need that.

Karen said...

Have fun!! I'm sure it will all be great! :) And I think you should still call him Captain J - people still call my dad "The Sir" and he's been retired for 2 years now lol.

Anonymous said...

Good luck and safe travels!

erika said...

Good luck with everything!

Kathryn B said...

Good luck! You'll do great!!!!

Chantal said...

Have a good and safe trip! Good luck!

Nina said...

Good luck, Mrs K! Can't wait to see pics of your new house in sunny FL :-) Have a safe trip!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings