Monday, January 21, 2013

Fat Day (Alternatively Titled- "Ugh")

Let's talk about why I've had the dreaded "fat day" for two days in a row now. I can't put my finger on it. It makes no sense to me how I can look in the mirror one day and feel good about my progress and then the very next day, I'm thinking I look ten pounds heavier than the day before. Losing weight, toning up, and body image is a mind game for me. I wish I wasn't so hard on myself. I think it started with a trip to the fitting rooms at Marshall's the other day. Why is it that the only shirt I can find these days are those cute, tiny, thin tanks that are shorter in the front and longer in the back? They are not flattering on a breastfeeding gal, lemme tell ya.
Once I'm at the point where I think I'm fat, I give up for the day. After I got home from shopping yesterday, I went to town on guzzling down hot chocolate and marshmallows....and then later- bread! Ugh. Today is another fat day and I can't explain it. I didn't get to have my morning workout because the toddler woke up early and the baby was super fussy this morning. I think my attitude spiraled down from there. Out of boredom, I drove my flabby self to Taco Bell of all places. Ugh. Now the toddler is asleep, but the baby isn't. I don't know when I'll get to work off all the garbage I put in my body today.
The good news is- it's Biggest Loser night. That show is always inspiring. If I'm watching it in real time, I like to create workouts for the commercial breaks.
Speaking of Biggest Loser, I stumbled across this link-up today and wanted to play along...

TheJavaMama 
It's Week 3 for them so I'm a little late, but I reckon that's okay. I'm off to weigh myself...

Starting weight: 132

I even took my shoes off, y'all. Ugh.
Anyway, the best workout I had this week was when I took this little cutie down and up the massive hill of a driveway here. 

Whew! I wore weights and pushed him in his stroller. I thought I might not make it. That's usually a sign of a good exercise routine, right? Afterwards, I strapped him on my hip for an additional burn as I finished up chores around the house.
How do you deal with a fat day?

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I pout. I grit my teeth. I don't deal with them well. I've noticed that if I work out regularly, I have no excuse to "feel" fat, so I don't let myself feel that way. It's when I don't make it to the gym for 3 or 4 days that I start feeling it. In my opinion your muscles should always be at least a little sore. You know, so at least you know you're using them.
What are you trying to lose?

Angie said...

I think you look great in that picture! It sounds like you are doing what you can, and that is what matters.

I thought for sure I would be at my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6 week postpartum appointment. I still have 5 pounds to go, and I was so discouraged. I have sworn off sweets, and doing my best to eat better. I am also going to start running with the dogs, and hit the gym when I can.

JG said...

We're coming from different places but I sympathize. I was feeling great and on track and somehow over the weekend felt totally bloaty-blah. So that meant low-carb for dinner and gratuitous amounts of water. Here's hoping this week's taping has positive results!

Jen said...

You look great in that picture!! I'm feeling ugh today..I need to just start walking again.

Jamie said...

You are doing great! You look tiny already!

Unknown said...

I've been having a fat...two weeks because I can't find my car keys with my gym membership. That is the worst excuse in the world...but I figure I'm about to have about 9 really skinny weeks, so I'll be okay. And you honestly look great!

Chantal said...

I've been feeling fat lately... not that I've gone over 120 in months, but still. My belly feels pudgy! I need to stop eating wheat, that's what gets me.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings