Friday, November 30, 2012

Gone Girl


Synopsis: Former city girl, Amy Dunne, is planning a delightful surprise for her husband, Nick on what will be their fifth wedding anniversary. She outdoes herself with preparations for the scavenger hunt and gifts that she thoughtfully pieced together each year. Nick doesn't get her help in deciphering the clues she has given because his lovely wife turns up missing the morning of their big day. The story is huge for the Missouri town mostly because Nick isn't exactly looking squeaky clean. He pictures her head, smashed and bleeding. His thoughts of his wife aren't centered around the good times rather he continues to remember everything he didn't like about "Amazing Amy". Nick begins to spin his web of lies in order to prove his innocence, but he only manages to make himself look incredibly guilty in the eyes of the public, police, and eventually Amy's attentive family. Was Nick the killer? Or did so many other shady characters from Amy's past have something to do with her disappearance?

My Thoughts: Loved, loved this book. The author, Gillian Flynn, has perfectly crafted this story with smart writing and interesting turns of events. This was one of those books that I was sad to finish. It was brilliant...and it made me want to go immediately to the computer and start my own fiction novel.

The best part-- Reese Witherspoon is said to be the producer for Gone Girl the movie! I hope this story is played out well on the big screen as I think it has potential to be an excellent movie. Be sure to read the book before seeing it, though. We all know how movies rarely ever measure up to their literary counterparts!

Linking up with:

8 comments:

Abbey said...

I've heard SO many good things about this one! I'll have to pick it up soon.

Chantal said...

Looks good!!

Kathryn B said...

OMG! I read that book and thought it was great!!!!! I can't wait for the movie to come out. Great book!

Victoria said...

i keep hearing such good things about this book and i am still waiting for it to come in at my library :)

cute blog!

happy friday!

Allison said...

I just read this one too! It was GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Wow I've never heard of the book before, but it's definitely on my To Read list now.

Jamie said...

Where do you find the time to read?

Janie said...

Gotta get around to reading this one!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings