Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Try It Out Tuesday

Pinspiration:
Source: tumblr.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

Here's my version:
This was so easy. I really hate when I see nail tutorials on Pinterest that claim to be so easy...like that one with the sponge ombre nails (totally NOT easy)...and they're just a big, fat fail. Waste of time. These? THESE are easy. I do have some suggestions for you, though:

1. Paint your nails one color and then wait a very long time. See, I have no patience. I just want them to dry! already! If you're a little more normal and can wait the elapsed time for your nails to dry, well, then, proceed when ready. As for me, I painted the next step on the next day.

2. Get out your fancy scissors and tape. I would suggest you cut your strips before hand. Place the new, fun edge over half your finger and get to painting. I let this dry a few minutes before I took the tape off.

3. Be sure to use top coat.

And just because it's funny:
(And if you don't get the reference- Go Here)

Also, one of my favorite bloggers is giving away a cute maternity top! You should go check that out and soon! The giveaway ends on Wednesday.
Linking up with:

6 comments:

Karen said...

Those look awesome. I always say I'll paint my nails during naptime... and then I get so distracted with other things (usually napping myself lol). Good to know that those are actually as easy as they look :)

Jen said...

They look awesome! :) I may have to try this.

Chantal said...

Omg I love that video! lol

reccewife said...

hahaha, I'm too impatient to even wait for ONE colour to dry and I always end up wrecking my nails! But I love that picture :)

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

You did awesome! I tried doing a tape manicure & they always ended up peeling off with the tape! I don't know how to do it I guess.

Thanks for linking up on The Pinspiration Project!

http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-pinspiration-project-13.html

Janie said...

I always get nervous when I see tape nail designs because I had a bad experience trying that before. Probably because I used off brand tape. LOL. Your mani looks so cute :) Thanks for linking up with us!

If you haven't already, this week's link up is live! Love to have you again with another Pinterest-inspired project. http://fortunefavors11.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-pinspiration-project-14.html

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings