Thursday, November 15, 2012

Surface Stuff

Sometimes you need a mindless activity, just to keep you busy so you won't dwell on something that's long been on your mind. My problem is--those activities used to be things like laundry, dishes, or cleaning anything really. Now that I'm a parent? I have to think during those chores. That's the only time I have reserved where I can think in strands longer than two minutes. Toddlers will keep you busy. Anyway, what do I do when I don't want to think anymore? When I don't want to dwell- when I'm done caring about a situation?

Lucky you, I blog....about nothing in particular. I just ramble on my online journal for the world to see. So, here's what's been going on in my world...on the surface anyway...

Tuesday I returned to my bible study class after a month(ish) long break from it. It wasn't that I didn't want to go. I truly did...but I kept talking myself out of it because of K's issues in watchcare. I didn't like driving to post, only to have to turn around and come back because he was so upset without me. I decided to try going again and I'm glad I did. It was a nice break from the monotony here at the house. K did pretty well. He stayed in watchcare for two hours and then when he started getting too fussy, they came to get me. I brought him in our class for the rest of the time and he played happily. Those are some of my fellow Resolutions for Women classmates. I find them all to be so sweet and very thoughtful in our discussions. I could learn a lot from each of them! Also? That hair do I'm sportin'? It was a pinterest idea although you can't see mine well-

I'm 37 weeks and really, really feeling it. Some days I have a lot of BH contractions coupled with other "labor ready" symptoms, but I'm not getting my hopes up. My luck I'll go into labor at the exact time I don't want to. God's timing is perfect, though. I believe that so I'm going to attempt to focus on it. At least my husband is home now! He is done interviewing (more on that at a later date!) and gallivanting all over the country. Hallelujah. It's a full time job chasing after, lifting, playing with, and tending to Cray K (as Jenn so affectionately calls him). That one might just stick.

Maybe you need a laugh, too? Last night when K woke up from his nap, I decided he looked a lot like Gary Busey-


Maybe you need some words of wisdom?


This. Exactly. Sometimes it's best to be silent, to ignore. I'm good at this.

How's that for the most random post ever? I'll leave you with something my sister sent me this morning-

Happy Thursday, bloggy loves.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hahaha the picture of K is hilarious!!! :)

Chantal said...

OMG that video! Love.

Amber Nicole said...

Cray K is just cute!! And funny!
And that picture of him totally suits the name :p

Kristin said...

...thinking of you as I sip my wine... :)
Soon, friend!
I hope the next few weeks are filled with happy anticipation. So glad Captain J is back!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings