Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Mantel

We have some folks coming over tonight so I thought I'd better switch out my Halloween mantel for one a little more appropriate! Any other year, I'd probably just start my Christmas decorating since we rarely get to enjoy the decorations for long. We go home to Tennessee for Christmas when we can. Anyway, this year we're moving a couple weeks before Christmas so there's really no point in dragging my Christmas cheer out of storage. Instead I thought I'd do a fall mantel. I didn't want to buy anything and I don't have any time anyway! Our guests will be here tonight so as usual I just re-purposed items around the house. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

Happy Saturday to y'all.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I think it looks great!!! We aren't decorating for Christmas either since we are moving a week before haha. Craziness! :)

Becca said...

Love this. I have not been able to decorate for Christmas for a couple of years, and this year, I will finally be able to. Too bad I am a horrible decorator :) haha. Alas, a new wreath has been ordered...

Karen said...

I can't believe you guys are gonna be moving right before Christmas!! Eeks! I like your fall mantel. I wish that I actually had a mantel to decorate.

Angie said...

I think the mantel looks great!

I usually decorate for Thanksgiving and then switch to Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving, but this year I am going straight to Christmas. I don't have the energy to decorate for two holidays in one month. Plus I am afraid I will go into labor around Thanksgiving and then never decorate for Christmas.

Unknown said...

I wish we had a mantle in our house to decorate! That looks great. We usually just put stuff on our piano...

Jenn said...

Oh hai I'm Martha Kacy Stewart, I just throw random things on my mantel and it looks like something out of a magazine. COME HELP ME. (Seriously. My only decoration right now is 3 tiny pumpkins. And they are getting bruises from an aggressive toddler.)

Alejandra said...

Love it! It's very classy looking. I'll be dragging the Christmas stuff out very soon.!!

Chantal said...

Looks nice!

Angie said...

I think it looks great! I just wish I had a mantle to decorate :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings