Friday, November 2, 2012

Bah Hum Bug Halloween

I don't have many happy, humorous, or harrowing thoughts to share with you (although the last one could be argued that this blog...oh nevermind) today so I'm going to instead post photos of my cute little Oompa Loompa. For the record, he hated having his costume on and took it off within minutes of arriving at our Halloween post up spot. I miraculously managed a few pictures, though...
Halloween is usually my favorite time of year. I found myself in a pretty bad mood all night, though. Bah-hum-bug.
It could have a lot to do with the fact that I've stopped eating chocolate altogether. I think it was causing some of my elevated heart rate readings so I cut it out and what an awful time to do that! Still, I did sneak a Texas Truffle or two so All Hallows Eve wasn't a complete waste.
It was also fun to see all the little trick-or-treaters in their costumes- most on their best behavior- saying please and thank you. I loved seeing the smiles on their faces and I wished for a moment that I could be young again- out with my friends and family- gathering candy that I could eat on for weeks! Halloween used to be so magical.
Ha.
I have a problem.
Anyway, maybe one day K will enjoy it as I do. This year really wasn't his year.
My guess is he was like- "What's the point? They won't give me candy anyway."
Poor kid. He's just so sheltered ;)
And his parents are totally weird...
We were the only adults dressed up aside from a little face paint on one other. 
Maybe it's time to grow up...
but I really don't wannnnnnaaaaa!!!!

(On a positive note: At least the costume I made weathered the Baby K storm! Shocking, I know.)

7 comments:

Jen said...

OMG! I absolutely LOVE the costumes. You all look great. :)

Chantal said...

I love the costumes! Sorry he wasn't cooperative.

Jenn said...

Is that a pimp hat on J??? LOL I love your family so much. I think it's awesome that you still dress up. You know once I get Steve back, I'm gonna dress up my family as a BLT or something (Odie will be Tomato!) (and Steve and I can be slices of bread!). Even though no one eats bread here. Oh well, that's not the point. The point is, everybody likes families that dress up! Those are the FUN parents!

And Baby K is the most true-to-life Oompa Loompa I've ever seen.

Karen said...

I LOVE your costumes. And I'm glad that you guys all dressed up - we all dressed up as a family too. It makes the day much more fun!! And Baby K is a super cute Oompa Loompa and I'm glad you were able to get some photos of him :)

Katie said...

This is so cute! Best ones I have seen this year!

Fran said...

LOVE your costumes! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you snapped a few pictures :) You look really adorable!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings