Friday, September 13, 2013

The Scoop

Thanks for the well wishes on our house hunt. There was such a heavy load lifted from my shoulders when we signed the papers for our new house. It was everything we wanted and we had our move-in date and everything! Two weeks before closing, we got word that the appraisal came back $14,500 less than what we agreed to pay. Trouble was- the owner had gotten an appraisal months before that was much, much higher and so that's what he believes the house is worth. Obviously, we decided not to pay that much money for a house that isn't worth that right now. The owner declined our appraisal offer (with much sass, by the way) and so we walked. Bye, bye beautiful house on five acres. Hello, house hunt. What did we learn? Well, house buying is frustrating. We also learned that maybe we don't want a lot of land right now. Maybe we want the convenience of being closer to the interstate. That house was about 15-20 outside of Cleveland and we were beginning to worry that we had made a mistake although I know we would have been happy there. Everything works out the way it is supposed to, doesn't it? Still, I have an urge to bust into the toddler's room as he naps and grab the countdown-to-closing chain we made and set it on fire since it no longer applies.
I'm pretty discouraged today. For weeks now, I've been telling Holly (our dog) that it won't be much longer and things will be back to normal for her. She went from living inside with us to staying in a pen on the back of the property here. She's lonely. Furthermore, we are still in my parents' hair and I don't know what our next step is. Saturday we are going to look at 8 more houses and if we don't find anything interesting then I think it will be time to look for rental homes as bad as that sucks.
Want some good news, though? My husband is coming home in about an hour from his business trip. Yay! We've missed him.



5 comments:

Chantal said...

Gosh. House hunting sucks!

Webb Things said...

I'm so sorry it didn't turn out.
However, I'm a firm believe on the whole "it happens for a reason." I know you will fall in love with another house! We found an amazing house at an amazing price.. And then had lies from the bank.. (Long sad sad story) this is why we WILL use the VA! These small town banks are jerks! Anywho. Lol
Good luck!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out like you hoped it would.

At least, if you're renting, you can take your time...and you'll be in your own space!

Fran said...

Boo! I'm sorry it didn't work out. House hunting is SO exhausting, hope you guys find something soon!

Lisa C said...

Good luck with the next bunch of houses. And pretty soon, you'll find the house that is the reason why this one fell through!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings