Thursday, October 3, 2013

Beauty and the Beast


My mother-in-law got me a ticket to go with her to see a Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast at the Tennessee Theatre earlier this week. I haven't been to a play or musical in ages and I had forgotten how much fun they can be. This is one of my very favorite Disney movies so I enjoyed singing (silently in my head, of course) along and remembering all the songs. It was also a nice break from the kiddos. I got to wear heels and feel like a person!
Jeans: Forever 21, Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft (thrifted), Shirt: White House Black Market (thrifted)
I wouldn't be a proper blogger without an #ootd selfie, now would I?

Anyway, the show was amazing...and long. I loved it, though. It was magical!

Photo found via Lehigh Valley
And the detail in the costumes made me pumped about Halloween! I've been in a bit of a funk since we aren't settled yet. I always decorate for Halloween. I enjoy planning our costumes and making them. My sewing machine is packed away, though and I've just been a bit of a Halloween scrooge because of it all. I was inspired by their clothing, though and the next day I went to work planning our own family costumes for this year. I'm getting excited. Hopefully I can throw something together!

Do you like musicals?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going to plays and musicals. Beauty & the Beast is one of my favorites.... My high school put it on a few years ago.

Lisa C said...

I love musicals!!! Beauty and the Beast is my fave Disney movie and second fave movie ever.

Chantal said...

What a fun time! I'd totally go.

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

That's soo amazing.. i def would love to go see that!

Mar Ward said...

We went and saw this last year in Anchorage and it was phenomenal! I couldn't help but sing along.

Jen said...

Kyle and I were both theater kids in HS so we love musicals. We saw Wicked on Broadway last year, it was incredible!

Karen said...

I went to College for Musical Theater - I love IT! We took Nora to her first show (Mary Poppins) this summer. Also - LOVE your outfit that you wore. What are you guys being for Halloween??

Jenn said...

I love seeing plays. It's one of the few things I miss from NY. Beauty and the Beast is one I would love to see. It was my favorite Disney movie growing up.

Kathryn B said...

I love musicals! Especially the Disney ones! I saw the Lion King one year and it was great!!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings