Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Fun

12 days (knock on wood) is what separates us from living as a family of four again. Our time in my childhood home is winding down and I'm looking forward to settling in a new town, finding a church home there, and making a life for ourselves. With each move we've made, there's been a sense of a fresh start. It's true for this one, too. I've been contemplating going back to work or going back to school. In general, life is looking up! We've had some struggles over the past few months but it must have been the stress of moving again. So many homes the Captain and I have shared together float through my mind and I can hardly keep them straight. We are happy to finally have a house of our own in a town close to "home" that we will be staying in with no plans of moving. We've never had a permanent place. The feeling is exciting. I hope we don't get anxious. We are very much a military family at heart, after all.
Enjoying fall has been a top priority around here lately. We also haven't had a true fall in a long, long time. Living in Louisiana prior to Florida didn't exactly provide for changing leaves and cool evenings. It was just hot all the time. 

A trip to the pumpkin patch was in order-





Some hiking around Frozen Head State Park-


and K even caught his first fish-

We're makin' memories and trying to enjoy the present. 

How have you and yours celebrated fall?

8 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!!! Florida doesn't have much in the way of fall activities, but at least the humidity is finally leaving. :) I hope you are able to settle into your new house soon!!!! Glad things are looking up for you and your family!!!!

Mrs. Duh said...

Yay for Fall Fun! I'm right there with you on experiencing true "Fall" for the first time in years. Texas didn't have trees that changed colors, coolness in the air or anything fall-like... but fall is in full swing up here in Washington, and I'm loving it! I hope you all can get settled in soon!

Chantal said...

Good luck with the house!! We've been trying to enjoy fall as much as possible here!

Jen said...

What a fun time you had! :) We haven't been able to do much yet since Kyle has been away but hopefully soon.

Fran said...

I miss fall so much, it's still in the 80's here but I plan on finding a pumpkin patch and making it feel like fall haha

Jenn said...

Sooo glad y'all are close to getting into your own house. Enjoy that nice fall weather!!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

Love! so cute and I know you are excited about planting your own roots.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your family is celebrating fall in the best ways possible! I'm so happy you'll soon be able to get settled in. In the meantime, Happy Autumn!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings