Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My purpose is in them.

Photo by Becky at Archives Photography
There's truly nothing more precious than a sweet baby smile, an excited giggle, or the gentle clap of tiny little hands. It was this that brought me out of the fog that I've been stuck in the last few days. I was in deep. If I had stretched out my arm, I wouldn't have seen my hand. Perhaps the outline would have been there, but it would've been unrecognizable. My heart was hurting in a way that felt so hopeless. It's incredibly painful when you realize you're not being a good wife, mother, or friend. It hurts to think that there's no purpose in you. And by you, of course, I mean me.

"To every broken heart, he stands with open arms. You are wanted." - Dara Maclean

But these babes, they need me. They want me around and I know I can be better for them. It's my goal every day. My purpose is in them.

When I'm feeling sad, I need only to run to my children who light up my world and clear up the fog that tries to engulf me with a simple smile. When K excitedly runs up with his latest, favorite train in his hands and tackles me for a hug...when A decides he'll let me snuggle with him for longer than thirty seconds-- these are my favorite times. Treasured moments. I want to hold on to them forever.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet. There really is nothing sweeter than a baby's laugh...No. thing.

Kathryn B said...

There really is nothing that can turn a bad day into a good one like your kids and them needing you. Just a great hug, smile or story can turn any day into a good one.

Rhe Christine said...

I have got to say, sometimes this is a struggle for me. I try to remember that when I'm frustrated something isn't going my way, or i'm missing out on something....they are my purpose...my season in life. Every season has its purpose.

erika said...

Hope things get sunnier for you. But I agree- they help my heart so much. More than they'll ever know.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love this, and it is so true

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings