Wednesday, October 30, 2013

House Reveal


Hello, friends. Long time, no chat. I'm writing from my lovely new home that is completely unpacked aside from two large boxes. The military taught me to move in quick and make my space home because we never knew how long we would be there. As I lovingly put together the house this time, I did so feeling as if we were finally home and I just wanted to get everything together so I could enjoy it. Seven moves in over the course of our (almost) four year marriage took its toll on us, but I can honestly say that we are doing well. It's great to have a space of our own now. It's more than that, though. It's a beautiful home that we surely don't deserve, but one that we are thanking God for every day we wake up in it. I want to stay here for years and years (and years). Here's a peek around. Honestly, this house is too big for us. We don't have a lot of furniture to fill it yet so it's all a work in progress. Won't you come in?


We'll start with some empty rooms:

These two rooms connect just off the entry hallway. The formal room is bare and nothing but our table is in the dining area, but that's okay...we'll get there.
Anyway...this way to the bedrooms!



The other bathrooms are new and completely re-done, but this one has the charm of an old home and I happen to think it's perfect as a jack-and-jill bathroom for the boys...

There's a sun room that will surely be an oasis for me when I fill it with comfy chairs. I imagine this is where I'll do my morning bible study.
It connects to the den and kitchen, both of which I love.
I grew tired of snapping photos and loading them, but there's a whole downstairs to this house, too that has a playroom (that I totally plan on making an exercise room in the future), a man cave area with kitchenette, a guest suite, and a closet especially for all my Christmas things! I'm a big fan.
So that's where I've been--setting up and enjoying this lovely home. I hope to catch up with all of you soon.

Love,

P.S. Step out of your readers and come see the new look of Mrs. K and Captain J, too. Freeborboleta Designs spruced it up! I love it.

23 comments:

Mrs. Duh said...

Your house is amazing! Love the floors, entryway and kitchen!

AlanaMarie said...

I love it! Especially the floors, and the big sun room! And the kitchen is to die for!

Anonymous said...

You're home is beautiful! I am so happy for you and your family. Such a wonderful home for a family to make new memories in.

ines said...

gorgeous home!!!

Sonja said...

Love it! And I like the blue tile! Your home is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello, gorgeous!!! Can we please talk about that kitchen!? So dreamy.

Jes said...

I can't wait to be able to post a new house tour. We're so close to being fully unpacked..yet so far from being done! I love the new design, mine is in the works and should be live any day now!

Mar Ward said...

Your house is absolutely perfect! Love the brick wall in the foyer and your kitchen is TO DIE FOR! Love the new bloggy layout too :)

Jen said...

I love it! It's beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new house! It's BEAUTIFUL! And I love your new layout as well!

Jenn said...

Gorgeous home! I'd cut a btch for your big ol' oven right now.

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Love your house, especially your kitchen! Can we say JEALOUS over here!?!! :) Glad you got your dream house and YES you do deserve this big, beautiful house!! :)

Chantal said...

Beautiful home and beautiful blog design!!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

I LOVE THAT STOVE! swoon
-whit

Lisa C said...

So exciting! The house looks great.

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks great those hard woodfloors and awesome and it looks so nice so far! Congratulations :)

Kathryn B said...

Beautiful new house! I also love the new layout!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow it's a beautiful house! So happy for you!

Jen said...

It's so pretty!

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous and I am totally jealous of your sunroom!

Fran said...

I looooove your floors! I'm a little jealous haha

Neja said...

Wow, I can't believe you moved 7 times! I love this big house... You are really blessed. I really like how you appreciate it. You deserve it!=)

#mommylife said...

oh my god! I'm so jealous of your house! It's beautiful! And those floors! Stunning! I'm so happy for you and that you guys found your perfect home! Ps love the new layout.. if it's not new I'm just getting around to noticing it! ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings