Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Little Mermaid: Family Costumes




Let's talk about how I place such a huge emphasis on Halloween every year and how ridiculous that is. I mean, whyyyy? I have always loved Halloween and I've dressed up every single year (except one and that was because I was vacationing in New Zealand and they don't really do that there). It honestly confuses me when people hate on Halloween, especially kids! My 9 year old nephew decided he was too old for it this year. I almost cried. Kidding. But I do have a ridiculous need to have so! much! fun! on that night of the year. And I want my kids to have fun, too. 

This year's theme for the W Family was: The Little Mermaid

I planned on being Ariel, J would be Eric, my prince and the kids would be King Tritan and Sebastian. Cray K was NOT having his costume (much like last year):

He loved Baby A's, however:
So I just did the switch-a-roo so we could actually go trick-or-treating without people thinking we were torturing the toddler. The kid is so dramatic, bless his heart.
I promise Baby A was perfectly content. Ha!

Anyway, J and I threw our costumes together easily and then walked around the neighborhood introducing ourselves to our new neighbors. It makes me smile to think about. I'm sure we were immediately labeled the weirdos. But, whatever. We were having fun!


Ariel has always been my favorite Disney gal. I had my 15 minutes of fun, pretending I was the underwater princess, but honestly I just wanted to get out of that fabric pronto. It was a little hot this year.
We ended up giving out candy, watching Hocus Pocus, and eating pizza.
Perhaps the kids will be more excited next year.
What did I learn? 
Toddlers don't appreciate handmade and/or pieced-together costumes. It's best to just get a costume they can't escape and MAKE ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE HAVE FUN.

;)

Kidding again- sorta.

12 comments:

Jen said...

I absolutely love the costumes! :)

Mar Ward said...

My mom used to make all of our costumes when we were younger. I didn't appreciate the hard work she put into them until just recently. Your costumes look great! I'm jealous it was a warm one for you.

Emmett Katherine said...

haha it's best to get a costume they can't escape. priceless advice!

Jenn said...

Omg the picture of them with the switched outfits is HILARIOUS. I love it so much. Please keep doing family costumes!!! They are the BEST!

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

I still love your costumes!! If your neighbors think you're weirdo's, then who cares! At least you got out there with your adorable kiddos and took them trick r treating! :) Our neighbors are weirdo's around here. They are cool and then they become hermit crabs and want to gossip about this person and that person all the time. It's actually quite annoying.

Sarah said...

Ariel has some nice looking arms! ;) All your working out is clearly paying off!

Sincerely,
The girl with flabby arms

Lisa C said...

At least you got some cute pictures! And, if it makes you feel any better, our cat didn't appreciate her costume, either, haha.

Anonymous said...

Totally love your costumes! And your arms are amazing.

Chantal said...

You guys are too cute.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your family costume! So cute!!!

his little lady said...

Aw, I think these are just the cutest costumes! :)
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

Fran said...

Absolutely adorable. You look good as a red head haha

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings